Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 pistols

OK, I need another gun
    I spent a lot of time looking over the internet and watching Youtube videos. Some that caught my eye.
    Browning Buckmark
    Ruger sr22
    Ruger 22/45
    Ruger MkIII
    S&W 22A
    P22
    PPK 22

I am looking for something to plink around with while being reliable.
    What's everyone got in their safe that they play with? Any input on the list?
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Re: 22 pistols

Where to start.. I have the browning buckmark, p22,S&W 15-22,sig mosquito,Ruger 10-22 , H&R revolver, and many others.. many.. 22 are fun.
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 03-26-2012, 08:42 AM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I have a Ruger 22/45. Very reliable and accurate. Also I have a MK1 Ruger and a Single Six. And really you can't beat a good 22 rifle. Loads of fun and cheap to shoot. I recently picked up a Henry Lever 22. Can't wait to go shoot it.

Comment

I got a single shot lever action 22. One of my favorites. Also got a double barrel that shoots .22 and .222 that one is pretty cool too.
        A buckmark would be a nice pistol or ruger mkIII.
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Buckmark and the MKIII are on the top of the list for sure

I just like the sr22 also. and the ruger 22/45
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Have you handled either one. My dad has the buckmark and the feel and weight is awsome. Wish you could have greater than 10 in the clip cause you can unload them quick. I may get my one one day
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

I still think the Ruger 22 Charger would be fun (mainly because for all intents and purposes it's a 10-22 in a more compact form).

http://ruger.com/products/22Charger/models.html

I like the integrated bipod. With a scope I could be ridiculously accurate behind the trigger on that.
              Last edited by CityHick; 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

The Buckmark target models had particularly nice triggers, some of them adjustable. Heavy barrel, integral scope rail, nice hooded sights... great pistols.

Only downside was finding a holster.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                  I still think the Ruger 22 Charger would be fun (mainly because for all intents and purposes it's a 10-22 in a more compact form). I like the integrated bipod. With a scope I could be ridiculously accurate behind the trigger on that.
                  Tony that is bad A$$ to bad it's not Calif. Approved
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                    Tony that is bad A$$ to bad it's not Calif. Approved
                    Figures... so much for that idea.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

My favs are the Buckmark Target and the Ruger 10/22.
                      Both can be extremely accurate. Swapped the barrel on the 10/22 for a carbon fiber bull barrel and it shoots even better without a weight diff to speak of. My kid can shoot the center of her paper targets right out of them with either weapon.
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

I've got a Ruger MK I w/ 4.5"(?) standard barrel I carry as my sidearm when long gun hunting. I've also got a MK II Target w/ 6 or 6.5" bull barrel. I wouldn't trade either of them for anything! They are awesome to hold, shoot & just plain look at. Never had either jam no matter the ammo and I dropped a jack rabbit from about 80yds out with the MK I once! Luck, good shot, whatever, the damn thing dropped like a bad habit from that distance with one shot. The target model will drive tacks all day long and makes you feel like Joe Pesci in Good Fellas...
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Ruger sp101 4"

Or

Just don't buy a .22 or .32 or .380

You should check out the little .38/.357 snub that liz got. Great size with a little heft it's a 605 I believe. I didn't get to shoot it before I left though. But .38 is pretty damn cheap not as cheap as .22 but cheap enough to go out blasting and not cry about it.
                          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                            You should check out the little .38/.357 snub that liz got. Great size with a little heft it's a 605 I believe. I didn't get to shoot it before I left though. But .38 is pretty damn cheap not as cheap as .22 but cheap enough to go out blasting and not cry about it.
                            That is not a bad idea at all! Last .357 snub I shot was a hammerless w/ 2" barrel and that sucker would hurt your face when it went off! Shockwave from the magnum round was a killer out of that tiny thing.
                            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I paid $350 for Liz's snubby, it's a full weight frame with hammer.

CA law that's awesome: guns are communal property between spouses, so that snubby can go on my CCW
                              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                              X