Do we have any reloaders here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any reloaders here?

Would be pretty cool to get together and do some reloading with people here or just share ideas.

I am reloading 9 mil, 223/556 & 45 acp.

Dillion 550B press.

What are you reloading? Bench setup? Reloader?
    What can I fix next?

Re: Do we have any reloaders here?

I have a bunch of presses, bullets, cases and powder but haven't touched it in a while. Used to do a lot of pistol shooting and varmint shooting, but kind of tapered off and I'm shooting up the stockpile.

Need to get back into it, have new-to-me .45 and .40 that haven't been shot yet.

Have a Dillon 550, various RCBS single stage presses, lots of silly things like a case neck turner from when I was really into it.

Comment

I load metalic case on a rock chucker 223, 22-250, 243, 25-06, 38/ 357, 45 long colt, 45 acp, 44sp, 44mag. shotgun 12ga is on rcbs grand, 410 on mec single stage. I shoot a couple times a week.
      75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Strange...I have a Dillon 550b also, but am using with no powder measurer as I am precission weighing powder for 308 F-T/R shooting at 1000 yards down in Coalinga.

Hoping to get a 6.5 Creedmoor built on an Eliseo Tubegun stock in the not too distant future.

I am just going to be starting to try neck turning and getting some new dies and would appreciate any words of wisdom on case neck trimming, annealing etc.

In SF Bay area

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by slow poke View Post
          Strange...I have a Dillon 550b also, but am using with no powder measurer as I am precission weighing powder for 308 F-T/R shooting at 1000 yards down in Coalinga.

Hoping to get a 6.5 Creedmoor built on an Eliseo Tubegun stock in the not too distant future.

I am just going to be starting to try neck turning and getting some new dies and would appreciate any words of wisdom on case neck trimming, annealing etc.

In SF Bay area

Dave
          I quit using the Dillon for rifle, it seemed like you had to choose your powder based on what metered well rather than what shot well. I used a lot of Varget and the Dillon seems to be a lot happier with ball powder.

I now do my varmint loads single stage, just big batches. Neck size, prime with the RCBS handheld prime tool, RCBS powder measure with a drop tube for that piece of it, and a good seating die. Even use some of the Lee collet dies for neck sizing, they actually work pretty well. Neck sizing is the way to go if you can keep your loads and rifles matched up.

Got into neck turning for some .17 wildcat projects that involved necking down .22 hornet to .17 ackley hornet and .221 fireball to .17 MachIV. The neck turn is a forster, I think, if you want to try it out you are free to. Might have the collet and mandrel for a .308, not sure though.

Comment

Just saw this post. I reload mostly for my big game hunting loads. That being said, I have dies for multiple guns I own. Ever since my divorce, my equipment is sitting in a storage unit. I had a lot of reloads already and now getting low. I need to get things sorted out before next season. RCBS and another press that I cannot remember the name. Once the purchase of all the equipment has been made (dies can be pretty spendy), it does save money per round to reload AND you can fine tune your loads for better accuracy/performance. It also is very relaxing to me to sit and reload.
            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Working...
            X