Place to shoot near Chico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to shoot near Chico?

I hate asking as most folks, including myself, don't like to pass out this info. Anyway, my daughters are in their first year at Chico State and would like me to come up and take them shooting. Short of just heading east on 32 to the NF, any tips?

Just .22 most likely, if that matters.

I have read about the Oroville range but it sounds kinda nuts on weekends. Might wait till it snows, I can take them shooting and show them how to drive their Cherokee in the snow.

Re: Place to shoot near Chico?

I'd just go drive by Juggy's house and take some shots!!
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I'm betting he shoots back

Comment

We used to go out to Mud Creek quite a bit. If you take West Sacramento Ave. out towards the river it takes you out through a bunch of orchards once you get past the suburbs. About 1/4 mile before W. Sac Ave dead ends into River Rd you'll cross a relatively large bridge that runs over a huge seasonal man made creek (Mud Creek). There are levy roads on either sides but they'll be locked. Should be enough room to park in front of the gate and walk in to do your plinking. Never got hassled by anyone by being down there.

I should warn you, when going out there from the town side you'll cross a small bridge and creek first on W Sac Ave. This one will most likely be fairly overgrown w/ water in it and its right on a bend in the road. This is NOT it. Keep going about another 1-1.5 miles and you'll hit Mud Creek. Its man made with large levies so you can't miss it.
        Last edited by Fungus232; 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM.
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

The clay pits in Oroville are alright, which is the first place you were talking about. Mud Creek is "iffy"; it's a good place to get hasseled, and I garuntee you will have cops show up. Heading into the hills isn't a much better option because of dope grows and city pests who come up here looking for serenity. Best bet for no hassel is "Safer Arms" it's an indoor range and it does cost some dough.

If your daughters are "shooters" there are a couple of clubs up here:
          Paradise Rod & Gun Club and Chico Rod & Gun Club I've been toying with joining one of those, and of the 2, Paradise is the more likely choice.

I'll check at work to see what "public lands" are still open to the pursuit of happiness and the free exercise of the 2nd Amendment....don't get your hopes up though.
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
          X