Impulse buy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse buy...

So I went to lunch Friday with my wife over in Honolulu. As usual, she took too long afterwards in the rest room so I wandered next door to Sports Authority. Clear down at the end of the rack they had a nice little side-by-side shotgun.

As I look it over I notice its a CZ USA Ringneck 28ga. Beautiful wood stock, color case hardening on the cover plates, solid blueing, cushioned rubber butt pad, & comes with 5 screw in choke tubes for the 26" barrels. Single trigger w/ barrel select switch. I really liked the balance and feel of it so I went home and thought it over and did some research.

Made in Turkey at the Huglu plant & imported, distributed & warranteed by CZ. More good press than bad & they have a fairly low suggested retail of around $1200 but can be found at some of the larger suppliers on the net for right around $1000. This one had been sitting on their shelf for a long time as its a bird gun and nobody out here shoots birds! They had a $599 price tag on it and I was able to get them to knock an additional $50 off a nice soft case for it. Basically got it for 1/2 price!

14 days will start tomorrow to get my long gun permit (its a Hawaii thing) & I'll go in and grab it out of their safe where it is patiently waiting for me. Next will be to get it home and knock some upland birds out with it!

Representative pics...
    Attached Files
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: Impulse buy...

Herds of turkeys 'round here. Or is it turds of herkeys. Anyway, they is a bunch.
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

That is pretty nice John. There's something cool about a side-by-side and I like that it's a smaller gauge.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I like it a lot! Sounds like you got a screaming good deal on it too! Congrats.... Now the waiting game.
        1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Pretty happy about the whole deal. I'll be able to test my skill with the birds as I ease back into the sport over the next couple years & get the boys into hunting. Smaller gauge to keep from tearing them up too as my 12ga really does a number on'em. After seeing what the online prices are for the same gun new I couldn't NOT buy it at $599. Cabela's has some good ammo for a decent price/ case as well.
          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Nice find. Looks like it will be fun. CZ has been making firearms for a long time and has some really nice products. I love the CZ 75 style pistol and they also make some nice sporting rifles.

Comment

Working...
            X