Turkey Day Present to Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Day Present to Me!

I finally got my Savage 17 HMR....but the scope was not in yet Can't wait to go out and shot this bad boy!
    Attached Files
    70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Re: Turkey Day Present to Me!

Very nice, I'm thinking a squeeker hunt is very very soon.

Comment

As soon as I get my scope and get her dialed in....I am in
      70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

Comment

Originally posted by workin it View Post
        Very nice, I'm thinking a squeeker hunt is very very soon.
        Nice lookin rifle Jim, what scope are you wanting to put on it.
        OK I am a little lost as to what a Squeeker hunt is, maybe Squeekin in Coyotes ?
        Last edited by Bronco Brian; 11-24-2012, 06:08 AM.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have a leupold on order and Don't tell me you have never heard a Squirrel sqeek?

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
            I have a leupold on order and Don't tell me you have never heard a Squirrel sqeek?
            Oh hell ya, Back in the old day a buddy and I would load up are ATV and go Squirrel hunting on Super Bowl Sunday.
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Those rifles are so much fun. Two of my friends have them complete with scopes, they are so accurate. I'll get one eventually, they are a great plinker. Nice score.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

If there is a spring sqeeker hunt I'm in, I love my savage.
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I'm sure we can put in a spring hunt. Currently working with a ranch manager to hang some steel and we can exercise that model 10. They're on 7000 acres just down the road from Winters.

Sunday I got over 2 hours of shooting from the same place. They were every where.

I need to re-scope my 17. It has a crap BSA scope that came with it. Nothing was clear beyond 75 yards

Comment

I can't wait to shoot the 10; still need mount/rings and bipod. My 17 has a crappy Burris on it but since the hmr pretty much nose dives after 250, I figured it's good enough.
                    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I would recommend that you try a few different brands of ammo before you stock up. Most of my .17 rifles seemed to prefer one load over another, and what shoots well in one might not be the best in another rifle.

Also recommend a scope with a fine reticle, if you are shooting squirrels at 100+ yards. 10 or 12x is enough power, but a lot of the less expensive scopes have a big fat reticle that can actually cover the target at those ranges.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the scope. I got the leapold vx2 3x940. Still have not shot it though ill let you know how it works out!

Comment

Working...
                        X