Lead bullet ban.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead bullet ban.

I guess pretty soon if you get shot with a lead bullet you will know that a criminal did it. "When lead bullets are outlawed only outlaws will have lead bullets." Will split shot disappear from the tackle shops next? I have about 100 pounds of lead. Would love to turn it in to the State. Maybe a cannon ball?
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Re: Lead bullet ban.

Lead only banned for hunting. still good for plink'n.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Well then I guess since lead is on the way out for hunting the price will drop like crazy... right? Yeah, right.

Comment

If they can't get the guns they'll take the ammo! Just one more step towards their end goal. I've heard the feds are going to go after ballistic tip & hollow points too calling them "armor piercing". Pretty soon there won't be much left to hunt with... "legally"...
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

When you move to Chico we will be neighbors. Maybe we can go beat some turkeys to death with our gun barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
            When you move to Chico we will be neighbors. Maybe we can go beat some turkeys to death with our gun barrels.
            I can throw rocks pretty good too for the ones we can't call in close enough to club!

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
              Is beating the turkey similar to choking the chicken? Sorry, I'm not gifted in Chico-speak.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I'm goona say it's the beer talkin'. But no, chicken choking is somewhat different from a good old fashion turkey beating brought on by a lack of ammo.

Comment

The lead free thing was brought on by Fish & Game due to game animals that don't die when shot passing lead into streams and rivers. It's not a new thing. Lead shot has been illegal for duck hunting for years... Lead in drinking water and food isn't a good thing. Makes people go crazy... Remember the Roman Empire? They lined their aquaducts with lead because it was easy to work with, water proof and has a low melting point.
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If it is about not making people go crazy I say too little too late.

Comment

Better late than never...

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                        The lead free thing was brought on by Fish & Game due to game animals that don't die when shot passing lead into streams and rivers. It's not a new thing. Lead shot has been illegal for duck hunting for years... Lead in drinking water and food isn't a good thing. Makes people go crazy... Remember the Roman Empire? They lined their aquaducts with lead because it was easy to work with, water proof and has a low melting point.
                        You gonna back that statement up with some factual information? Lead free in water fowl was brought on for the same reason as lead free in the CA Condor habitat down south. Scavengers & predators feeding on game that was shot & got away thus eventually introducing lead into the food chain for class A predators & protected species! If what you're saying is true I'd like to see some statistical data on how many lead projectiles it would take to contaminate the watersheds in CA. If they were worried about protecting us from ourselves they'd have banned it long ago. Guess what we do with the ones that didn't get away when shot with lead? That's right, we fucking eat them and when's the last time an avid hunter has died from lead poisoning (Dick Cheney's hunting pardner not included)? Give us some facts Jacob, please, enlighten us...

If the reasoning you're sighting were true, lead weights for fishing would've been banned decades ago! I'm willing to bet fishermen put substantially more led into the water shed than hunters. Plus, it's not illegal to take my .22 down to the creek & shoot thousands of rounds of LEAD .22lr rounds directly into the creek, river or lake sinking cans, bottles or sticks!
                        Last edited by Fungus232; 10-14-2013, 12:16 AM.

Comment

It's no secret that consuming heavy metals isn't good for you. People have known for years that lead poisoning can have adverse psychological effects. Why do you think lead paint is no longer sold and why they say not to buy pet food with ingredients originating in China? Here's what the CDC says about lead in the blood. Now, I imagine that the amount of lead required to cause adverse psychological effects depends on each person. But my question to you is this. If you've been consuming wild game full of lead fragments your whole life and lead has been proven to cause psychological degradation... How would you know you're not crazy? Also, how would you know the difference between facts and lies? I didn't ban lead bullets, but there are alternatives out there. Do a google search and you'll find enough articles and studies on the topic to keep you busy reading for hours. Some people like lead, some prefer the non-lead bullets. Although it sounds like you've already made up your mind and won't accept any other opinion regardless of how it was formed.

Comment

All of which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread which is the phased in ban of lead hunting ammunition. This recent bill has zero to do with human safety. It has everything to do with the Kali gun grabbers getting their hands on every little thing they can. If its such a concern Jacob why wasn't lead ammo banned on a national scale? Why just CA? Not saying too much lead is good for you, hell too much anything is bad for you. I'm saying the small amount of lead contributed to the environment from shooting sports is inconsequential & not a basis for argument in banning its use. There's more lead occurring naturally in the soil & environment than hunting contributes.

Comment

I don't think it's such a big conspiracy... Products all over have been going lead free for a long time. Electronics now use little or no lead in contacts, car batteries and cables are getting away from lead terminals. Even solder that you use for wiring your Bronco is going lead free. Of course paint. Hunting ammo and apparently fishing weights also according to a co-worker of mine that is an avid fisherman. So, it's not just California picking on hunting or the gun industry. Although I don't think it's a secret the California is still most progressive out of 50 states... Most environmental based laws do start here... I'm not arguing for or against the non-lead ammo for hunting. I really don't care... I don't hunt. No, a lead bullet or two that missed a deer are probably not going to cause any humans any harm. Also the ban is only on hunting ammo. So it's still perfectly legal to unload a few hundred rounds of target ammo into a burm out in the country... That is kinda silly...

Comment

Working...
                              X