I dare you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dare you!

Picked up a Mossberg 500. Put on a tactical stock and loaded it with rifled slugs. I would almost feel bad for the fool who thinks about coming in to burg me while I'm home....

Attached Files
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: I dare you!

A Mossberg 500 with slug removed is on my list to get for guns soon enough.

Comment

Nice! Gotta love a good old fashioned pump shotgun.

Here's mine; a Remington 870 Super Magnum (receiver handles 3.5" shells) with a 18.5" smoothbore barrel. I bought it with a 28" RemChoke barrel but for times when I'm not trying to break clays the short barrel is my "I dare you" outfit. Makes a good tent companion when way out in the boonies!

I prefer a more "classic" look to a shotgun but I've been thinking about a tactical shotty to compliment this one. A buddy just got a Benelli Super Nova tactical and its pretty nice.
      Attached Files
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
        Picked up a Mossberg 500. Put on a tactical stock and loaded it with rifled slugs. I would almost feel bad for the fool who thinks about coming in to burg me while I'm home....

The only down side is that you have to patch the sheet rock . I would suggest 00 buck shot; much easier to use spackle than joint compound and paper tape.
        Brad
        Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
          The only down side is that you have to patch the sheet rock . I would suggest 00 buck shot; much easier to use spackle than joint compound and paper tape.
          True, I think I would be happier patching the hole rather than clean up the red stuff that tends to leak out....

Semper Fi

3rd Recon Bn. DRP

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            Nice! Gotta love a good old fashioned pump shotgun.

Here's mine; a Remington 870 Super Magnum (receiver handles 3.5" shells) with a 18.5" smoothbore barrel. I bought it with a 28" RemChoke barrel but for times when I'm not trying to break clays the short barrel is my "I dare you" outfit. Makes a good tent companion when way out in the boonies!

I prefer a more "classic" look to a shotgun but I've been thinking about a tactical shotty to compliment this one. A buddy just got a Benelli Super Nova tactical and its pretty nice.
            That's a nice piece... I do like an auto loader for a quick follow up shot if necessary. BTW, The grain on the stock looks awesome!

Comment

That's a nice piece... I do like an auto loader for a quick follow up shot if necessary. BTW, The grain on the stock looks awesome!
              I (obviously) don't know Mossbergs too well... I was thinking yours was a pump model; but semi-auto shotguns are sweet too and usually don't kick as bad.

And as for the wood grain... thanks! I lucked out with the graining on that stock for sure; gotten a few compliments on it.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I (obviously) don't know Mossbergs too well... I was thinking yours was a pump model; but semi-auto shotguns are sweet too and usually don't kick as bad.

And as for the wood grain... thanks! I lucked out with the graining on that stock for sure; gotten a few compliments on it.
                You are correct, mine is a pump. All of my scatter guns are pump. I also own a model 1912 20 guage made in 1912 and a model 12, 12 guage made in 1914. I was just saying that an auto loader like yours is nice for a follow up shot...

Comment

You are correct, mine is a pump. All of my scatter guns are pump. I also own a model 1912 20 guage made in 1912 and a model 12, 12 guage made in 1914. I was just saying that an auto loader like yours is nice for a follow up shot...

Mine's a pump too
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Mine's a pump too
                    I even knew that the 870 is a pump since we carried those in our sleek patrol crusiers for years. I just totally missed the 870 in your previous post. Ive always wanted an 870 with a long barrel for Geese.
                    Last edited by 14Justice; 06-26-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X