WTB 67/68 Mustang Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 67/68 Mustang Project

Against my better judgement I'm ready to start another project. Thought I'd see if you guys know of anything. Looking for a solid, straight 67/68 mustang. Not concerned about the paint or condition of the drive train. Would like a v8 car that is relatively complete. Let me know. Thanks Peter
    We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Re: WTB 67/68 Mustang Project

There are two for sale in Ripon, CA, saw them parked in a yard on Jack Tone Road. Looked like they were in pretty good shape; more like completed projects. Didn't really look too close but if you want I'll drop by and get pictures.

Comment

If you get a chance that would be great. If they are completed it might be more than I'm looking to spend, but worth a shot.

Comment

I have a 65 with 4.6 sohc and 5 speed I would like to get rid of. 8.8 exploder rear, Mustang II front. Ready for paint. Have all glass, seats, its a runner make me an offer........
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by broncorick View Post
          I have a 65 with 4.6 sohc and 5 speed I would like to get rid of. 8.8 exploder rear, Mustang II front. Ready for paint. Have all glass, seats, its a runner make me an offer........
          Sorry to hijack, but against my better judgement.... What's a good ball park price for that?
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That is a neat project. Kinda of stuck on a 67/68, but you got me thinking. What did you have to do to get the 4.6 to fit?

Comment

This is a trial run for a coupe to fastback conversion. I never messed with the modular engines, so that is how this one started. The body was straight, so I didn't want to cut apart. In the fastback I want to put supercharged V-10. Changing over to mustang II front end allowed me to fit wide 4.6liter. Got rid of towers and it fits pretty well. Next one I will move firewall back for a little extra room. Good luck on your 67/68..
              Attached Files

Comment

J&K Mustangs in Sacramento did a 1968 coupe to fastback conversion using Dynacorn sheetmetal and it looks nice! I saw it in their shop and you can't tell that it used to be a coupe. I wanna build a 1969 Fastback and might do the conversion if I can't find a factory fastback with a straight body.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                  J&K Mustangs in Sacramento did a 1968 coupe to fastback conversion using Dynacorn sheetmetal and it looks nice! I saw it in their shop and you can't tell that it used to be a coupe. I wanna build a 1969 Fastback and might do the conversion if I can't find a factory fastback with a straight body.
                  On a whim, I searched on EBay for a 69-70 mustang... They are more than a uncut Bronco right now. In other words they are made of "Unobtainium"
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by broncorick View Post
                    ...Got rid of towers and it fits pretty well.
                    Ah Hah! The picture of that engine bay has been bothering me since I saw it... I knew something was missing but obviously wasn't thinking about it. Looks good man, I'd love to build something like that one day.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

If anyone is doing a 67-68 Fastback Conversion, and you want the correct fastback interior...please let me know soon.

I am finishing my 67 projects, and I have a complete left-over interior available. This includes the rear fold down (all three panels), lower seat, and back cushion, fiberglass quarter panel covers, and trap door. It is all in decent used original condition.

The donor car was a nice fastback that was converted to a track car, and the interior was removed.

Figure $750 or trade. (here in Fremont.) jamesroney@yahoo.com

Comment

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/3021083628.html
                        '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

PM sent

Comment

If anyone is interested, I have a set of 66 Mustang front seats. Green. Needs new cover on driver's side
                            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Good find!
                              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
                              X