Trade nicely built '68 Bronco for boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade nicely built '68 Bronco for boat

I'm just testing the waters here. I love my Bronco but my wife and I really would like to have a boat. I would consider trading for a newer, nice family, ski or wakeboard boat with a V8. A fair trade would be a boat valued between 17-24k. Here is a list of the build:

1995 Ford HO 302 from Mustang GT (fuel injected)
    BC Broncos 23 gallon fuel tank with mustang pump inside
    Aluminum Radiator with electric fan
    Full length headers into flowmasters before the rear wheels tucked into fenderwells
    Family cage, tied into frame with full length bimini top cut half doors not shown
    Soft Top
    ProCar adjustable seats. Installed after pics taken
    Auto meter gauges
    78-79 f250 steering box with reverse sector
    PSC pump, lines into box, to PSC ram, then into cooler, back to pump
    DOM steering arms with 1 ton chevy rod ends. flipped to top of knuckle arms
    Front Kingpin Dana 60 high pinion out of 88 FORD F350, cut 4 inches, same width as rear end.
    Recentered pumpkin for arm mounts, and clearance for headers linkage, etc.
    4.88 gears, Lockright, 8 lug
    Rear 60 4.88, Detroit Locker, 35 spline dutchman chromo's, 8lug
    SOLID diff covers front/rear
    38 inch MTZ's 16" allied rockathon 36 bolt beadlocks
    203/205 doubler mated to np435
    swing out tire carrier, 38 inch spare, one five gallon can
    CB, rocklights, prerunner bumper, Warn 9000 winch

Plus much more not listed. Bronco runs strong and turns many heads!

Ask for Chris 916-316-6612

Last edited by Rustybronc; 06-06-2012, 03:09 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Trade nicely built '68 Bronco for boat

Sweet looking bronco...As a boat and Bronco owner...you will use the boat alot the first year...then a little less the second year...a little less the third year...and sooo on. The bronco you will use all year round, hot, cold what ever. I would love to sell my boat to get some cash to put my bronco back together again. My boat is only worth about 4k...so no trade options. Good luck with the trade, but I think you will regret it in the end. And believe me I grew up on boats and water skiing etc... Just my .02...
    70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
      Sweet looking bronco...As a boat and Bronco owner...you will use the boat alot the first year...then a little less the second year...a little less the third year...and sooo on. The bronco you will use all year round, hot, cold what ever. I would love to sell my boat to get some cash to put my bronco back together again. My boat is only worth about 4k...so no trade options. Good luck with the trade, but I think you will regret it in the end. And believe me I grew up on boats and water skiing etc... Just my .02...
      Very good points about the Bronco vs boat. I certainly know what you are talking about. This is because I too have owned boats over the years and another Bronco in the past. It just seems like my family liked our old boat more than they do helping me work on the Bronco or even hitting the trail. In short the Bronco is my hobby, but the boat the whole family enjoys. Wish it was the other way around.
      sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention it has onboard air system with engine driven pump, electric clutch, regulator and frame mounted tank. It will also drive straight down the freeway at 70 mph with no hands on the steering wheel.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought you had a scout II? My buddy traded you for the jeep.

Comment

Nope sorry not me
            sigpic

Comment

was the jeep in your avatar yours? My buddy has it now and says he traded a guy from PD for it with is scout II.?????????

Comment

Yep that was my jeep traded it for the bronco. Then fixed up the bronco, mechanical, paint body and interior work. His dad told me he got a scout after trading the jeep away. I've never owned a scout.
                sigpic

Comment

ok, gotcha. I vaguely remember hearing the longer story.

That jeep is pretty incredible. Its getting used quite a bit, been on its lid a couple times.

Good luck with the bronco trade.

Comment

I miss that Jeep. I had a blast with it. Many trips through the Con, Fordyce and Moonrocks. It just wasn't street legal.
                    sigpic

Comment

A few more pics of interior and running gear. I always planned on either carpet or rolling herculiner in the tub, but nevr got around to it. The floor pans were replaced by the previous owner. It could use a new twin stick boot.

I have not installed the door panels yet after being painted. I have them and new interior handles still in the box.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

The transfer cases tend to drip here and there. Nothing major, but I keep cardboard under it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X