WTB : 23 gal Fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB : 23 gal Fuel tank

Looking for a large main fuel tank. Preferably the 23 gallon tank. But if anyone has a larger than stock tank I really need one. Thanks for looking
    1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Re: WTB : 23 gal Fuel tank

Originally posted by demesauce View Post
    Looking for a large main fuel tank. Preferably the 23 gallon tank. But if anyone has a larger than stock tank I really need one. Thanks for looking
    Maybe it is time for a mass order from Aero again? We have done it twice before...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Aero? What size are their tanks?
      1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Nevermind, found them. If there is a mass order I know a few local guys who'd want one. Any idea how much cheaper they with a mass buy?
        Last edited by demesauce; 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Here is the spreadsheet from the last order... (Sorry cannot load this file)

TANK $263.00
          SKID $59.00
          EFI $79.00
          SHIP $30.00 Shipping (Frieght-commercial address needed)
          TAX $(was 7.75% then)
          (we would need to do this before the end of the year, before the increase)

My final cost in 2008 was $462.08

We would need a number of folks to commit, no flakes, and then call them with a number of tanks needed. They would work up a number for us. Then someone has to arrange it and collect the $$$

Spaceburger handled it last time, but he bought a tank... I think the contacts name was Jacob @ Areo tanks
          I would consider buying another one for my 68...
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 11-28-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

im interested...
            73 bronco

Comment

Thanks for the reminder about Aero... I have questions for them. I will call them tomorrow and then add my wish(es) to any potential mass buy that may happen.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Count me in...

Comment

There are three aftermarket 23 gallon tanks for the EB's and I happen to own all three:
                  1) Aero Tank, 2) NWMP (North West Metal Products) sold by WH Item 9700, and 3) Sherman Tank also sold by WH item 9715.
                  #1 - My non EFI Aero Tank w/ welded on skid plate took a direct rock hit on the Rubicon and it is an AWESOMELY STRONG ASS tank. Of the three, it is the only one that looks ugly because the sides and bottom are formed and curved and the mounting brackets are welded on based on your body lift. Buy the 3-1/2" lift version because you can always space it for body lifts less that 3.5. I love this tank even though it is ugly.
                  #2 - My NWMP tank also has welded brackets and fits inside the EB frame with about 1/4" clearance all around. It fits within the frame rails with more gap but fairly comparable to the Aero. By visual inspection and thump test this tank would have had a huge dent in it after the Rubicon. My opinion - not as strong as the Aero tank with the welded skid plate. My NWMP tanks is rusted inside and now junk.
                  #3 - I bought the WH Sherman Tank about a month ago because I needed it for my son's EB. I regret not having bought two Aeros when I had the chance. Even so, the nice thing about the Sherman is it LOOKS FRIKEN COOL and it uses -6 AN fittings for the Feed and Return lines. The mounts slide on the tracks built into the sides of the tanks so you mount it and it will fit whatever body lift you have. That was the reason I bought it. Well the bad thing is the adjustment brackets cause this tank to have LOTS more space between the frame rails and in order to get it to hold 23 gallons, it is taller than the other tanks which cause it to hang down 1" further than #1 & #2 above. Also to get the mounting brackets spaced right I went and measured my Aero Tank and got them in the right spot that way. Then once in the frame I had to match drill each bracket to the frame holes - pain. Finally - By visual inspection and thump test, this tank would have had a huge dent in it like the NWMP tank after the Con.

So Bottom line - I would buy another Aero Tank because it is cheaper, built really well, brackets are already drilled to bolt onto the existing EB frame, and a damn reliable tank. If you want a cool looking tank and don't want to do a volume buy and you want the tank backed by an awesome supplier (WH), buy either the Sherman or NWMP.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Spaceburger; 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM.
                  Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

If there's a mass order I'm in for sure. Need one bad. Non efi
                    Last edited by jesse mashore; 12-01-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I'm interested - non EFI

Comment

Does EFI mean it has a in-tank pump, or just plumbed for return?
                        Last edited by pippinmader; 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM.
                        Build thread

Comment

Count me in as a flake free mass buyer if this happens. I need a tank that fits my body lift.

The website says $312.00 + $183.00labor for a tank (PNBR-23)
                          Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 11-29-2012, 09:23 AM.
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            Count me in as a flake free mass buyer if this happens. I need a tank that fits my body lift.

The website says $312.00 + $183.00labor for a tank (PNBR-23)
                            I hearby certify you as NCB Flake Free. .... its like whoremoan free beef isnt it?
                            Last edited by Spaceburger; 11-29-2012, 09:42 AM.
                            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by pippinmader View Post
                              Does EFI mean it has a in-tank pump, or just plumbed for return?
                              Yes it is set up for EFI, with slosh box in tank. You supply the pump, usually a standard 88-93 Mustang 88 liter per hr pump with P/u screen that mounts on their bracket. Airtex, Bosh, etc... Return line drops fuel back into tank. It has a vent hose on the top for emissions, with a roll over valve for protection.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...&postcount=125

Go to my link to see the tank that went in my 77 EFI Bronco

I count 7 interested parties..
                              Last edited by 904Bronco; 11-29-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X