HD tie rod kit sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD tie rod kit sale!

Anyone use this yet? They just lowered there price to reduce inventory. Im thinking about purchasing it Friday.

http://extremecustomparts.com/i-3611...m-dana-30.html

Re: HD tie rod kit sale!

I would check the wall thickness of the 1 1/2" material. I personally would only be happy with .250" wall. If you're local Ruff Stuff makes fantastic rod ends and just about everything else. This is a link to the Y link set up that I used on mine.
    http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/YLINK.html

Plus, they give a discount if you pick it up, cash is even better.

Comment

Like He ^ said. Check the wall thickness of the tubing and also ask about the TRE's that they are using. The pictures on their website look like the TRE's are smaller than Ruff Stuffs are. I know the Ruff Stuff TRE's are the GM 1 ton tie rod ends. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Comment

That's an ok deal but it depends on the tubing thickness and cost of shipping. Ruff Stuff can probably match that price for local guys. Or check on chassisunlimited.com. They have good deals too.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I know the ends are 1 ton gm but the ones on the right stuff sight look bigger? I will call tomorrow and ask about the tubing...Thanks for the help!

John

Comment

talk to the guy today and its .25 thick...i buying it tomorrow so after its in i will give an update.

john

Comment

It looks like a really good deal, please post up your review.

I am a little worried about the one statement on their site about reaming. They say the kit will fit either tie rod OVER, or tie rod UNDER.

If that is true, then they have not yet reamed the drag link hole on the passenger side...and you would need to buy the reamer.

If they let you order EITHER one when you place your order, then that would make more sense.

You can only taper ream the drag link hole from the front. When it is installed tie rod over...it moves the taper from the front to the back.

Good luck,
              james.

Comment

I like the Ruff Stuff "Inserts" just because they use a hex insert, it makes adjusting the tie rod / drag link easier when you can put a wrench on it.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                  I like the Ruff Stuff "Inserts" just because they use a hex insert, it makes adjusting the tie rod / drag link easier when you can put a wrench on it.
                  100% agree. I bought some threaded inserts form another company that did not have anyplace to put a wrench on it. It makes adjusting the drag link/tie rod easier to have the hex heads.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

X whatever on the Ruffstuff setup. I just used Ryan's reamer a couple days ago to finally get things started. I had to ream the back side of the pass side TRE for the knuckle over setup but there was plenty of meat there to get a real nice fit with the TRE and the drag link end.

Also, I JUST got off the phone with them as I got a little over zeleaous wit da reama on my pass side knuckle and ordered a couple of the tapered inserts to fix my enthusiastic application of my 1/2" Milwaukee drill! I asked if you could actually drill that pass side TRE and weld in an insert instead of reverse reaming it and the answer was "yes". I won't bother since I'm satisfied with the fit I've got but just another option for the TRO setup. Highly recommend Dan's crew over there. Good folks, great prices.

And the hex inserts for the DOM they send are NO JOKE! Real nice heavy pieces! So much better than the ones I used for another guys setup out here awhile back that came with the standard non-hex threaded inserts. Worth the xtra $20 over that other kit IMO just for those plus you get to support a local guy.
                    Last edited by Fungus232; 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM.
                    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                      X whatever on the Ruffstuff setup. I just used Ryan's reamer a couple days ago to finally get things started. I had to ream the back side of the pass side TRE for the knuckle over setup but there was plenty of meat there to get a real nice fit with the TRE and the drag link end.

Also, I JUST got off the phone with them as I got a little over zeleaous wit da reama on my pass side knuckle and ordered a couple of the tapered inserts to fix my enthusiastic application of my 1/2" Milwaukee drill! I asked if you could actually drill that pass side TRE and weld in an insert instead of reverse reaming it and the answer was "yes". I won't bother since I'm satisfied with the fit I've got but just another option for the TRO setup. Highly recommend Dan's crew over there. Good folks, great prices.

And the hex inserts for the DOM they send are NO JOKE! Real nice heavy pieces! So much better than the ones I used for another guys setup out here awhile back that came with the standard non-hex threaded inserts. Worth the xtra $20 over that other kit IMO just for those plus you get to support a local guy.
                      Exactly what Fungus said. You can't bet em and their local

Comment

I just bought one of those hex bungs this morning from rough stuff. Sure is convenient living ten minutes down the freeway from them. The other nice thing about dropping in is that they charge you less than the web lists it at and they even leave the tax off.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I agree 100% with the products, price and the great people at Ruff Stuff! Every product that I've purchased from them has been top notch!

Comment

K... so I have not made a purchase yet and now my friend gave me money one for his bronco...What is involved in building the ruff stuff kit? Also, Is there anyone local that sells greasable bolts for rear shackles and springs?

Comment

Originally posted by camp9k View Post
                              What is involved in building the ruff stuff kit?
                              Exact same procedure as building the kit you originally linked unless that one you were looking at comes pre-assembled. Basically, on the Ruffstuff kit, you cut the DOM tubing to the length you need for both your tie rod & drag link, weld the hex inserts in & assemble.
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                              X