Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96 Explorer V8 - complete truck

Guys,

Had a friend here in town ready to scrap his '96 Explorer with the V8 so I grabbed the whole truck.

It is a running V8 (5.0) with Auto trans, it has the coveted engine accy's, intakes, radiator, rearend (for disc swap parts) etc. Truck has over 200k miles, so would be good to get a project running or rebuild. Has everything intact, EDIS, harness, everything. (I run true Explore EDIS and stock computer in my Bronco)

It is non-op right now, and I gave him $500 figuring someone would want at least the accessories and intakes.

JimGo wants the front dress, but if someone wants the whole truck, I'd prefer to go that route. I can drive it to Sunnyvale area any week day.

--Craig
    650-279-7148
    Craig Gerbi
    '72 Sport
    Half Moon Bay

Re: '96 Explorer V8 - complete truck

What are you asking for the whole truck?

Running right?
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

^^^^ Ryan needs this!!!
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Ryan, do it. I have the same explorer waiting to go in mine. Complete truck. We could dive in at the same time.

Comment

Sounds like a build day.... Tear down, inspection, hone and rebuild with new bearings and rings....
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            Sounds like a build day.... Tear down, inspection, hone and rebuild with new bearings and rings....
            Nah... 347 Stroker. Go big or go home!

This is a very good deal. Lots of good parts for not a lot of money. As much as I hate the idea of having to get rid of an incomplete vehicle, for this price it would be worth the effort.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

I can hook up JimGo with a Explorer front dress if Ryan jumps in...
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Thanks for the interest guys, I'm asking just what I have into it, $500 as I figured some Bronco brothers would want the parts.

I got a call this morning and we're supposed to transfer the truck on Thursday, if for some reason the deal falls through, I'll post back up.

--Craig
                Craig Gerbi
                '72 Sport
                Half Moon Bay

Comment

Very tempting, specially since your just down the hill from me.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    Nah... 347 Stroker. Go big or go home!

This is a very good deal. Lots of good parts for not a lot of money. As much as I hate the idea of having to get rid of an incomplete vehicle, for this price it would be worth the effort.
                    Its easy to recycle the rest if you tear it down on the trailer.
                    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

[QUOTE=CityHick;140949]Nah... 347 Stroker. Go big or go home! QUOTE]

May as well start with a 351/5.8
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                        May as well start with a 351/5.8
                        Definitely cheaper!

Comment

Sold! Thanks guys.
                          Craig Gerbi
                          '72 Sport
                          Half Moon Bay

Comment

Working...
                          X