T-shift Dana 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-shift Dana 20

Looking for a Dana 20. Anyone around the Sacramento area have one they are looking to part with?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Re: T-shift Dana 20

Did you blow yours up?
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Nope. It has always had an issue of not going all the way into 4hi, and I want to clock it up, which involves drilling new mounting holes, tapping them and then welding nuts to the inside to increase the depth of the threads. I just figures it would be nice to modify another and still have this one as a working unit as a spare.
      Marc D.

Comment

Would just a case work ? And how would we know a T from a J if we only had the case.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
          Would just a case work ? And how would we know a T from a J if we only had the case.
          I'm not sure how you tell the difference between the cases. I would prefer a complete t-case so I can keep this one as a spare.
          Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            The simple answer is the shift rods are different... T-case has a removable metal bracket tying the two rods together at the end.

Here is a picture of a J-case
            Attached Files
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              The simple answer is the shift rods are different... T-case has a removable metal bracket tying the two rods together at the end.

Here is a picture of a J-case
              Thanks Doug, but what if the case is empty.
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Marc, got a few anchors sitting around here
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                  Marc, got a few anchors sitting around here
                  We will have to get together then. Are you available today after three?
                  Marc D.

Comment

Rick hooked me up, and I got what I need. Now to find time.
                    Marc D.

Comment

Luckily Dana 20's are small... Take it inside for the teardown while watchng the game... The kid can help, or watch...
                      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                        Luckily Dana 20's are small... Take it inside for the teardown while watchng the game... The kid can help, or watch...
                        Josh would

Comment

I should have, but instead I cooked the boy dinner. I think he liked my choice. Not a big hurry, just want it done before I got I Moab at the end if April.
                          Marc D.

Comment

I have a clocking ring made, from what I remember it needed a spacer or something made on the input shaft. I never did and drilled the case.
                            Mark Harris
                            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                            X