WTB. ZF tailhousing for sbf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB. ZF tailhousing for sbf

Just grenaded the tailhousing and looking for a replacement. SBF S5-42 4x4.

Let me know. I'm in Olympia Wa 98512 for shipping or I'll be in NorCal Thurs-Mon to pickup.

Thanks

Andy

Andy@nasanw.com

916-690-4394

Re: WTB. ZF tailhousing for sbf

your ZF has a removable tailhousing?

Comment

They all do, sort of. It's part tail housing/part rear case? They are interchangeable between 2wd/4wd and some between SB and BB.

Comment

Technically they call it an extension housing I guess.

Rear Housing (4wd) (10") (4.9L & 5.8L) 1307301136U

Comment

Originally posted by Hozr View Post
          Just grenaded the tailhousing
          I don't have the part you are looking for but I do have the same trans. Was wondering what happened that caused the damage.
          Last edited by Silent Killer 71; 02-08-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer 71 View Post
            I don't have the part you are looking for but I do have the same trans. Was wondering what happened that caused the damage.
            Don't know yet, but it DEFINITELY came from the inside out. The tranny still turns fine but 2nd was grinding really bad. I'm "THINKING" I might have sheared a tooth and it wedged between the visible gear and the housing. You can just see the straight line of the gear in the picture.

We barely made it home and got it covered up and it's been snowing all night. I found a REALLY good price on a remanufactured ZF with warranty but it's in Minnesota. I have to wait for the shop to open Monday to find out about shipping. It might be worth just going new rather than trying to fix this one as I don't have a shop up here and working outside is pretty damn near impossible this time of year.
            Last edited by Hozr; 02-09-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hozr View Post
                I found a REALLY good price on a remanufactured ZF with warranty but it's in Minnesota. I have to wait for the shop to open Monday to find out about shipping. It might be worth just going new rather than trying to fix this one as I don't have a shop up here and working outside is pretty damn near impossible this time of year.
                My buddy used uship.com but you need to ship it to a buisness to really make it cost effeective.
                Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
                  My buddy used uship.com but you need to ship it to a buisness to really make it cost effeective.
                  Thanks for the lead. I usually ship to the closest dock then pick it up. Hopefully I can find something close!

Comment

I haven't used them in years, but Forward Air used to be pretty cheap when shipping big/heavy items.

Comment

Working...
                    X