$500 Atlas...good deal? (not mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500 Atlas...good deal? (not mine)

Maybe this guy will ship? It might make for a good deal if anyone has any connections in the Boise area.

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/4492410739.html
    Build thread

Re: $500 Atlas...good deal? (not mine)

Holy crap! I wonder what a new set of gears costs from AA... Boise is 8 hours by car from Sacramento, I could do the drive with my eyes closed (and on less than one tank of fuel in my car). I have family in the area. This is potentially an unheard of bargain depending on gear replacement cost...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Why would you waist your money on it Tony? All it's going to do is sit in your garage!
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by ProudPapa View Post
        Why would you waist your money on it Tony? All it's going to do is sit in your garage!
        I deserved that. lol.

For the record, I have missed one season of 4-wheeling since 2009 (first year my Bronco was "done"). Sure I've missed Broncos on the Con a few times... sometimes life gets in the way, in ways that you can't control.

Looking forward to the 'con, only a month away.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I have no idea what a full set of gears cost from AA, but it must not be worth fixing or he would fix it himself. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I can't imagine a set of gears going for less than $1000... If so, $1500 for a road hard Atlas plus the gas money for transportation... It's starting to not sound like a great deal.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X