Need to sale you Dana 30 to thid guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to sale you Dana 30 to thid guy

Below is an add for a Dana 44 off of Facebook Funny looking 44 I have tried telling the guy its a Dana 30 By PM
    Facebook Off Road Trading Post

Ford D44 hi pinion kingpin axle outta a 60's bronco very rare setup ...5 lug 58'' wms drum brakes not sure on gears $300 firm
    DONT ADD A COMMENT IF NOT INTERESTED DONT SAY ITS NOT A D44 LOOK IT UP

Brandon Leboy Its not a d44 ha ha ha ha

November 17 at 2:50pm · Like · 3

Jim Collins Its a 44 for Sure

November 17 at 2:51pm · Like

Brandon Leboy Ya pretty obvious if ya look at the pumpkin

November 17 at 2:52pm · Like

Jim Collins I have the same one in my 74 Bronco /9in in the Rear /Worth a lot more then 300

November 17 at 2:54pm · Like

Jeff Fraser I need it

November 17 at 3:42pm · Like

Jeff Fraser I have the money for it Friday

November 17 at 3:42pm · Like

Brian Mosher Rusty fries

November 17 at 3:46pm · Like

Randall Knibb ok Jeff Fraser

November 17 at 4:12pm · Like

Jeff Fraser This is the slightly more narrow 44?

November 17 at 4:19pm · Like

Randall Knibb yes

November 17 at 4:20pm · Like

Jeff Fraser This is the ideal axle then lol

November 17 at 4:20pm · Like

Randall Knibb its a dana 44

November 17 at 6:00pm · Like
    Randall Knibb i did find out its a 71 axle not 60s

November 17 at 6:02pm · Like · 1

Jim Collins my 74 came with a 44 Quad Trac

November 17 at 6:14pm · Like

Tony Sweet Randall Knibb why do you always throw stuff up that I need when I don't have any money

November 17 at 10:55pm · Like

Tony Sweet A db conversation and under my bronco it would go

November 17 at 10:58pm · Edited · Like
    Kenton Matchell Clint Roberts

Yesterday at 3:47am · Like

Randall Knibb bump

6 hrs · Like
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 11-19-2014, 07:16 PM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Need to sale you Dana 30 to thid guy

I saw this Ad too. That offroad trading post can get pretty funny to watch

Comment

I don't know it might be a 44... heck it even looks like a 60 if you ask me.

Comment

I had to leave that offroad trading post group on FB, in an attempt to clean up my news feed. The ads on that group so often appear to be written by people with a third grade education. Subject-verb agreement seems to be a lost concept there. lol.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Looks like a Dana 30 to me!
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That is a very stange looking axle. It does look like a HP which never came in a Early Bronco and it has very odd knuckles. I don't know what it is?? I'd like to see the BOM and run that to see what comes back.

Comment

This is my 71 Dana 30 knuckle. Looks pretty close
              Attached Files
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Maybe you have one of those super rare illusive kingpin 44's. this could help fund your next project.
                Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                This is my 71 Dana 30 knuckle. Looks pretty close
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

It could be a 66-70 F100 front axle. That's the only HP D44 w/ kingpins I know of put in Fords. It might have been narrowed for a EB, I think the original width was 62".
                  Last edited by highlander; 11-23-2014, 06:48 AM.
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                    It could be a 66-70 F100 front axle. That's the only HP D44 w/ kingpins I know of put in Fords. It might have been narrowed for a EB, I think the original width was 62".
                    I never considered that because I've always seen closed knuckles in those. That's why the've never been a viable swap option. However, in these illustrations, its conflicting and looks both could have been in the F100s. I think you are right though, the axle for sale clearly looks like the king pin axle in the illustration.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The Axle in pic #2 is a closed knuckle, I still say it's a Dana 30 Thinking if it don't sale this week I may run out and look at it. I am like 2-3 miles from it on my Tue. rt. Wonder if he would let me tear it down do count axle splines and throw a tape on the ring gear.

Dana 30
                      Ring Gear measures 7.12 inches
                      OEM Inner axle shaft spline count: 27

Dana 44
                      Ring Gear measures 8.5 inches (216 mm)
                      Ring Gear measures 8.9 inches (226 mm)
                      OEM Inner axle shaft spline counts are 10, 19, 29, 30, 32, 33 and 35
                      Last edited by Bronco Brian; 11-23-2014, 12:16 PM.
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

No need to take it apart just read the BOM. I would measure the WMS it looks much wider than 58". Looking at the picture it is missing the bump stop mounts for an EB and the track mount bolt is too low, it also has high oil fill plug like a HP. Take at look at the images here. It sure looks like a 66-70 F100 D44.
                        Last edited by highlander; 11-23-2014, 02:39 PM.
                        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I'm gonna say Bronco Dana 30 for these reasons:

1) Full width axles have more space between the radius arm and inner "C".
                          2) The square shaped knuckles, I've never seen on anything except a Dana 30.
                          3) For the width of the axle, the tube diameter looks too small for a Dana 44.
                          4) Kingpins, never seen them on an open knuckle 44.

If this guy was serious about selling that axle, he would've researched it better.
                          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Working...
                          X