WTB Reid/Duff Ford disc Dana 44 knuckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Reid/Duff Ford disc Dana 44 knuckles

It seems unlikely that anyone has a set they want to sell, but looking for some aftermarket ford disc brake dana 44 knuckles, either the Reid ones (part # D44001FL, and D44001FR) or possibly the James Duff ones. If I don't find something here I will probably order a set next week.
    Build thread

Re: WTB Reid/Duff Ford disc Dana 44 knuckles

I got mine through wild horses and the high steer arms from Artec industries.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Wild horses does seem to have the best price for a set of Reid knuckles, even so by the time I get knuckles, arms, and bolts I will be in to it for something like $800, ouch. Also the James Duff ones seem to have a better regular (non-high steer) arm location, they cast them high like the 1976-77 bronco ones, but brought them in like the 78-79 F-150/bronco ones. They quoted me $335 plus shipping and I could run tie rod over and be fairly good. The Reid ones are cast steel and the Duff ones are nodular iron, so maybe not quite as good, but I have never actually broken a knuckle anyway. sounds like I am talking myself into the Duff ones.....
      Build thread

Comment

Check out ruff stuff they always have 15 to 20% off probably one soon if not now I just ask and they usually make it work
        http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/REID.html

Comment

I've not seen those duff ones, nor can I find any info on them, I'd be worried about the casting.

Reid is a tired and true design, strongest knuckles out there.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Here is the reference to the Duff knuckles, they don't list them as for sale separately, but if you call them they have them, BC Bronco has them also, but they won't say where they get them, so they must be from Duff, maybe?
            http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/discbrakes.html

"....The stars of this kit are our knuckles. We took the best of each of the Dana 44 knuckles and added .30 thickness in the weak areas and kept the maximum offset for wheel clearance. We’ve now made the knuckles more versatile by machining them 3/4” straight through (ready for bolts for heim steering systems) or use our machined adapters (included) from the top or bottom to use stock style steering. The knuckles and hangers utilize nodular cast iron which is actually heavier duty than Ford and other weak stamped steel brakes...."

http://www.bcbroncos.com/frontbrakes.html
            "...The Ford disc brake kit for the D44 was the best set up on the market and was just recently reproduced by the after market for the first time. The Ford disc knuckles are bigger and stronger than the Ford drum knuckle. The new knuckles and caliper brackets are cast from Nodular Iron stronger than when Ford cast them. When they cast the knuckles they also moved the steering arm up to be the same height as the stock knuckle then ream the hole for the tie-rod from the top or the bottom so you can go stock or tie rod over...."
            Last edited by pippinmader; 01-14-2015, 03:23 PM.
            Build thread

Comment

I vote orange knuckles. (Safety orange spraypaint)
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Working...
              X