WTB some 1.5 x .250 wall tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB some 1.5 x .250 wall tube

Does anyone have about 8 feet of some 1.5 inch x .250 wall DOM tubing that you would like to sell? I can get it from my local steel yard, but it only comes in 20 foot sticks. And I don't really want 12 feet of tubing lying around my garage for me to trip over. Lord knows I have enough stuff to trip over already!

Re: WTB some 1.5 x .250 wall tube

Making bumpers for that car already,huh? MadMax style!
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Ruff Stuff in Loomis will sell it by the foot. Thats were i always get the heavy duty stuff from. Always seems cheaper than i thought it would be..Give them a call in the AM At least you will get an idea on $$. Good people

Comment

Are local yard will sell by the foot, if you would like me to check. I will be at Wild Horses on April 11 could bring it down then.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Did you check the scrap section at Valley iron. They will sell it by the foot. And if it has rust on it they will sell it for a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
            Making bumpers for that car already,huh? MadMax style!
            I wish. That would be fun to build!

Originally posted by rockslut View Post
            Ruff Stuff in Loomis will sell it by the foot. Thats were i always get the heavy duty stuff from. Always seems cheaper than i thought it would be..Give them a call in the AM At least you will get an idea on $$. Good people
            I've looked at theirs, but I was trying to not have to ship it.

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            Are local yard will sell by the foot, if you would like me to check. I will be at Wild Horses on April 11 could bring it down then.
            That woul dbe great if you wouldn't mind giving them a call to see what 8 feet would cost.

Originally posted by TieWire View Post
            Did you check the scrap section at Valley iron. They will sell it by the foot. And if it has rust on it they will sell it for a discount.
            They don't ever have DOM in the rem's.

Comment

I have an idea. I need 12' of 1.5"X.250 dom. How about I get you the money for the rest of the stick. If the 12', cut into two 6' pieces could get to wild horses for the get together I should be able to pick it up there.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                I have an idea. I need 12' of 1.5"X.250 dom. How about I get you the money for the rest of the stick. If the 12', cut into two 6' pieces could get to wild horses for the get together I should be able to pick it up there.
                This would work too. I'm sure there will be be someone from here headed up there. I did better measuring tonight and I actually need 10 feet. Would 10 feet be enough for you?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  This would work too. I'm sure there will be be someone from here headed up there. I did better measuring tonight and I actually need 10 feet. Would 10 feet be enough for you?
                  Nope, I need two pieces 5'10". Shoot.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Call the steel yard they may be able to order you a 22-24' stick.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                      Call the steel yard they may be able to order you a 22-24' stick.
                      I've got a call into them already. Normally they come random lengths anywhere from 19.5 to 20.5, but he's checking to see if he can get me a 22 foot piece.

Comment

Will 2" work Pat or are you stuck on 1.5. I think I have 8' of 2" you can have.
                        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                        X