ISO: High Pinion Dana 44 Full-Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO: High Pinion Dana 44 Full-Width

In search of a high pinion dana 44 (full-width) that I can bolt into my 74. Getting the 9" rear hosing from Pippin today. Suggestions, links, options?Thank you
    David Rowe
    '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Re: ISO: High Pinion Dana 44 Full-Width

I just got done doing that swap. If i was to do it over again for sure i would have went with a Dana 44 from a year were the wedges were not cast. The welded wedges i could have cut off and ran a 3 or 4 link. It would free up the front end so much. I built long radius arms with degree built in and hyme's at the ends.. I just feel the design of these front ends realty limit wheel travel. My rear axle works very well. And my front end seems to not be doing its fair share.I have had front leaf sprung rig's work 3 times as good. I didn't build it to be a ramp champ. And it handles very well on the street. So Give and take i guess. I found mine on craigslist. You will come across them just have to check regularly..
    Last edited by rockslut; 03-01-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/4907141416.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/4911938656.html
      Last edited by rockslut; 03-01-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I saw these. Top one, the dude doesnt pick up the phone. The other has cast wedges
        David Rowe
        '74 Bronco Ranger, 351W w/ FiTech Injection, ZF5 5sp, Titan Blackbox Underdrive to Np205 TCase, Full Width Hi Pinion 44 & Ford 9" w/ disks, 4x4x2 w/ hydro steer, 23 Gallon Tank, Protofab bumpers and on-board air.

Comment

Finally got one. Thanks guys!
          David Rowe

Comment

Working...
          X