Cage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage!

Hey guys, I have a new style of cage I built. The look of a sports cage but still extends back as fare as a family cage. Has a rack on top to carry your gear. Something I've been wanting to build but haven't had the time. I can still add onto this cage if it's missing something you want. Im posting it hear first to see if any NCB members want it first. 1500.00
    Hope you like it.
    Attached Files

Re: Cage!

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

why the cage support right in the middle of the b to c bar?

Comment

Looks good Dave

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
              why the cage support right in the middle of the b to c bar?
              It was the look I was going for. If you needed more support in the back half I have several different styles you could use. It's a different look I wanted but still gives you plenty of support.

Comment

you do nice work, and I am not trying to be picky, but that puts the absolute MOST leverage on the b/c bar possible. I wouldnt want my kids back there. What about using a smaller tube than the host so it would bend and not the b/c bar
                Last edited by plug ugly; 03-27-2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                  you do nice work, and I am not trying to be picky, but that puts the absolute MOST leverage on the b/c bar possible. I wouldnt want my kids back there. What about using a smaller tube than the host so it would bend and not the b/c bar
                  It's not a family cage. Lots of guys don't run back seats but still like to have a cage extend all the way back. You can run a full bikini top n keep the sun off the back of your neck. It dose offer you some protection for the back. It's a option for someone who doesn't need that family cage but would like the rack or the extended cage.

Comment

Top notch build my friend!
                    Leave No One Behind
                    KK6AUW

Comment

I think what Damon is saying is that if the rack portion of the cafe takes a hit it will buckle the tube that is running at a 45* angle between the B pillar and the rear C mount plate.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        I think what Damon is saying is that if the rack portion of the cafe takes a hit it will buckle the tube that is running at a 45* angle between the B pillar and the rear C mount plate.
                        yes, if it takes a hard hit the back rack will probably bend some. If you stick a elephant on the rack it will probably bens some too. But it wasn't intended to carry a elephant so I wouldent do that. I know that. I did not build this cage to be a family cage or a elaphent transporter. even with that said it would still offer some protection to the back. I'm just messing with you guys it's not a family cage. Just a sport cage with a rack on top.

Comment

Nice lines. You could probably run a standard bikini top to cover the front seats and strap your gear to the rear portion.
                          I like it!
                          '75 Bronco in the works..
                          '69/2012 FJ40 with some stuff.

Comment

Tax refunds are coming in and I busy. This cage is taking up room and it needs to go. This is my move it price $1000.00. Can't build it agin at this price.

Comment

Which one is for sale?
                              302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Working...
                              X