Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 302 PS Tensioner Bracket & 4x4x2 Frame Reinforcer

Hey Everyone,

Looking for a 302 Power Steering Tensioner Bracket, I have the other one that bolts up with the saginaw. I also am looking for a frame reinforcer bracket for the 4x4x2 box. Just seeing if anyone has one or both of these parts laying around that I could pick up from them before I pony up for a pay the big prices from the vendors. Are there any junk yard vehicles that have the tensioner bracket I need?

Thanks!
    Zach
    sigpicZ

1970 project. 302 nv4500, 3 1/2 inch lift, 2 BL, D44

Re: WTB 302 PS Tensioner Bracket & 4x4x2 Frame Reinforcer

Which power steering bracket do you have? I am guessing its the van bracket since you are running a Saginaw pump. If that is the case, then a 5.0L Mustang alternator bracket has provisions for the tensioner and it is the same pulley spacing as the van bracket.

If you are lucky enough to find one in a junkyard, it probably has the tensioner attached. If not, I found that a replacement tensioner is not very expensive at the local parts store.

The other bonus to the Mustang alternator bracket is that you can bolt a Taurus 3G alternator to it after a very small amount of trimming on one of the gussets.

As for the power steering frame reinforcement - many here have made their own out of 3/16" plate steel (or in my case, 3/8"). Most will recommend that you plate all the way around the frame and reinforce the bolt holes with steel spacers.

I don't have either part laying around, but this should help you get going.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Re: WTB 302 PS Tensioner Bracket & 4x4x2 Frame Reinforcer

Thanks for the info. I am not sure which bracket I have. I think it is a hand me down from Trailbound. It looks like the one from wildhorses. I think my best bet will just to pony up and buy the tensioner.

Thanks for the info on the frame reinforcement!
      sigpicZ

1970 project. 302 nv4500, 3 1/2 inch lift, 2 BL, D44

Comment

Working...
      X