Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a fifth wheel Bronco hauler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a fifth wheel Bronco hauler?

"If you aren't interested, please pass around to other forums you are a part of. Thanks! Located in beautiful Bakersfield California.

I have a 34' 10" 1997 Alfa Toyhouse that I'm selling. It's not the most plush, but it is uniquely solid and well built. I was told by an RV engineer that new toy haulers, unless specifically built correctly, are nothing more than a fifth wheel with a back door.

This one is unique in the fact that it has 3/16, 14" I beams running the entire length of the RV. He said this unit is a true car hauler with walls and a bathroom. The pay load is 5000lbs

I have hauled many toys with this, including my Bronco with spare tire on it. It's a tight fit, but I barely knew it was in there. I towed it to the Hammers, plus had a quad standing up in the kitchen. The rv has brakes on all four so it stops great. All I needed to do to fit the Bronco was lower the windshield. Due to the length, the weight of the Bronco centers very well over the rv axles. My BRonco easily fit with 5.5"lift 3" body, and 40" tires.
    I've owned it 5 years.

Anyway, here's what I've recently done to it.

New 100 gallon water tank filled once. Replaced 50 gallon.

New quiet 12v converter with Battery Wizard. Not inverter, converter.

Newish tires. One had a flaw and was replaced with similar but not exact match.

Complete reseal of entire roof at every seam and opening.

Complete disassembly and reseal of front pin box. When I did this, everything was properly insulated, sealed, and finished. The main pin box 4x8 wood was replaced because it needed to be. I used 5/8" plywood and white aluminum sheeting instead of fiberglass sheeting. Looks great. While I was in there, I thoroughly inspected for stress cracks in the pin frame. I didn't find anything, but I did find 8 & 12" x 2" box tubing! This thing is built very well. Alfa was known for their quality.

New trailer wire junction box, lead to truck, and break away.

New trim throughout the outside almost done. This is the white trim that covers the screw strips.

It's wired for intercom

Central heat in the floor and ducted air conditioning in the ceiling front to back.

Ice cold large refer and freezer

Front bath with toilet, stand up shower with sky light, sink, etc.

Ceiling fan in main cabin.

Lots of storage

Gas stove and oven

Microwave

New pair of Costco 12v deep cycle batteries

Has antenna for OTA tv.

4.5k Onan generator with under 300 hours. It runs great and starts from inside the RV with gas gauge and hour meter. New fuel pump and oil change with no hours.

30 gallon fuel for generator that doubles as a fueling station. New fuel pump and fuel lines for fueling station just installed. Tank has leak at filler neck that needs brazing. I can do this before sale if needed.

What it needs still:

New carpet and padding purchased for upper cabin and bath needs to be installed. I have been meaning to do this, but it's been really hot. I should just call a carpet guy to bang it out. But I hate to pay people to do stuff.

The outside oxidation could use a light buff. I did part of it with 3M marine finishing compound and it glossed right up.

The back ramp surface could a new coat of paint and non skid. I have the paint and have been meaning to do that to as well. Lol

This is a very solid Bronco hauler that needs some final touches. The only reason I'm selling it is because we decided as a family that a Class A diesel pusher was more family friendly and I already bought it so this needs to go. I just tow a trailer with it for the toys plus don't need to unload before we can set camp on late arrivals. Plus, traveling down the freeway is much more of a family vacation compared to a trailer. I posted up a pic of the Class A I bought just in case you might think I'm full of it!

Included in the sale is a Reese slider hitch for short beds plus the brackets and bed rails for a Ford super duty. This will save you over a grand with the brackets and rails.

http://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel/...FQwwaQodUtkFEg

The rails and hitch will work I anything, the frame brackets are simple and could possibly work on other trucks. Fifth wheel has an axle flip. It's perfectly level with my F350 with a 1" lift in back, with air bags. Bring your truck, we will instill the hitch and send you down the highway.

I'm looking for $9500 OBO, priced to sell. If you want it, make an offer and I'll consider it! We might be moving and I don't think we'll have the room we have now to store it. You can find a cheaper and cleaner toy hauler, but drive your heavy rig into the back of it and see what happens. The value in this one is the ability to haul your Bronco to the dry lake bed where all your buddies are having their tents blown over while you're enjoying a shower and cold a/c. or sitting under the awning.
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Anyone interested in a fifth wheel Bronco hauler?

How long is the trailer( bumper to nose) and the width between the interior walls.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Re: Anyone interested in a fifth wheel Bronco hauler?

Here are a few measurements for you. The inside dimension assumes you remove the fold down bed along the interior wall on the drivers side. It's held on by a few wood screws. I removed the passenger side bed in order to fit my Bronco. The beds suck anyway especially as a seat. We used nice folding chairs around a round folding table and air beds for sleeping. I think the bed comes out about 6-8 from the wall. If you look at my Bronco inside the RV, that's why it's pushed to one side.

The counter to back door measurement is the counter by the stove in the pic with the quad. The drawing is looking into the rv from the back. Upper corner boxes in the sketch are the cabinets.

Also, I'll get better exterior pics tomorrow.
      Attached Files
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
      X