WTB Atlas 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Atlas 5.0

Anyone have one laying around that they changed their mind on? Or maybe want a different ratio? I am looking for a Atlas 5.0 with a 29spline input. If not I will be ordering one next holiday sale. Thanks Matt

Re: WTB Atlas 5.0

does that mean you sold the 435?

Comment

No I still have it

Comment

I hope you are doing a 2-1 crawlbox in front of that...
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Why? 150:1 is not low enough? My last setup I was at 177:1 at lowest and I would barely ever use it, although nice to have.
          Last edited by Rockbronco67; 11-06-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'm at 126:1 and it's plenty low enough for me. More torque lessens the need for lower gears too. But often in granny- low I can't get enough wheel speed and have to up shift to first gear.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

what abut go fast tho? I find 2:1 is more responsive with my truck tranny. Does the NV shift any faster and have a better spread?

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                what abut go fast tho?
                I seem to have plenty of power to drive fast off road in high range. In low range I'm limited to around 30mph in 4th gear.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

have you pushed through the desert at 40 to 60 mph? Street and street pressures are a lot different. A hard packed run out committee is much different than pushing through soft, silt. Plus, and part of my search for a better tranny set up, is the bad shifts and the serious slow down especially between 3/4. I doubt a zf and nv are too different.
                  Last edited by plug ugly; 11-06-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Not yet, but I'm not crazy about sand. I'd like to go to the unevent someday but that's a lot more scenic than Johnson Valley. Don't have any urge to see the Hammers.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                      Not yet, but I'm not crazy about sand. I'd like to go to the unevent someday but that's a lot more scenic than Johnson Valley. Don't have any urge to see the Hammers.
                      Blasphemy....haha
                      Mat driving in high range will suck in jv type situations otherwise mo powaaaa needed with the 351w. I could be talking out off my ass though cause mine only has 99hp if I'm lucky, so I need a 2-1 for my "high range"
                      Last edited by bent70; 11-07-2015, 06:55 AM.
                      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Hal would prolly know best.

Comment

I also don't have sway bars and driving over 40 mph off-road would be really sketchy! If I ever have the urge to do that, I'll build a desert truck not attempt to do it in a rock crawler...

Comment

I'm off the 5.0. Will be looking at the 3.8 or 4.3. I spoke with AA and they basically talked me out of the 5.0. Told me like most of you said, the 5.0 is more for 4 and 6cylinders. It has the smallest and weakest gear set of the Atlas 2. Although would meet most of my wheelin ratios. Maybe go bigger on my Ring and Pinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X