Look for ram assist steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look for ram assist steering

I want to add ram assist to the 79. Anybody have some parts they want to sell?

Re: Look for ram assist steering

I have a WTO 1.5" dia, 8" stroke ram with a slightly bent shaft you can have. You might be able to straighten it in a press. No rod ends for it. I also have a piece of delrin shaft to make a travel spacer if 8" is too much (said no woman ever). They put a bunch of flat washers in it to limit travel but they can scratch the shaft. I replaced it with a PSC ram because WTO said they don't sell replacement shafts and if I had to buy a new ram anyway I got one that I could get replacement shafts for.
    I also have a clamp for a 1.25" OD tie rod with a couple of tabs welded to it. $20.

Comment

I have a PSC 1.75" x 8" single ended ram with a bent shaft. The original kit was $185 and I think a new shaft and seal kit would cost $60. I also have a 1.5" ID clamp so toe-in is always adjustable.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        I have a PSC 1.75" x 8" single ended ram with a bent shaft. The original kit was $185 and I think a new shaft and seal kit would cost $60. I also have a 1.5" ID clamp so toe-in is always adjustable.
        Is the body of the ram in good shape, just the shaft is bent? You don't happen to have a picture of do you?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          Is the body of the ram in good shape, just the shaft is bent? You don't happen to have a picture of do you?
          Yes, the body is in good shape, the heims are too.
          Attached Files
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
            Yes, the body is in good shape, the heims are too.
            Thanks for the picture. How much do you want for it?

Comment

PM'd you

Comment

Working...
              X