Hood swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood swap?

I'm in a bit of a predicament with my stock EB hood. It does not look like I can squeeze a carb and air cleaner under the stock hood even with my 2" body lift.
    Does anybody have a raised aftermarket hood that they are looking to trade for a stock hood?

My stock steel hood is in reasonable shape. I have sandblasted the small amount of surface rust from the under side of it and begun to smooth out the sheet metal. The PO drilled it for a 69 Boss Mustang scoop (that's cracked) so I removed that scoop and welded the holes shut, and put a light skim coat of bondo over that area. I also did some light repairs on the stiffener channels that run underneath.

If anybody's looking for a stock hood to replace their aftermarket hood, this is your opportunity. Trade + cash offers considered. I'll even shoot a coat of primer on my steel hood for you if you want.

All offers considered... Let's help eachother out!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

I may have a spare 1970 Buick Skylark hood by this weekend. Let me know if youre interested!

Comment

Originally posted by mcmain012 View Post
      I may have a spare 1970 Buick Skylark hood by this weekend. Let me know if youre interested!
      Thanks Bro, but I don't think it'll fit...
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I have a stock hood with a scoop on it, I think you would just need to trim the crossmember on it
        Attached Files
        69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

I will keep you in mind... I'm considering getting a cheapo "hood bubble" and hacking up my hood for a relatively short-term solution. Leaning towards a fiberglass raised hood long-term. There does not seem to be a big market for a stock EB hood. Been avoiding Craigslist but will likely post there soon.

Where in the "hills of nor-cal" are you located? I usually show up in Elk Grove about once a month or so. Could possibly meet up and check it out in person if you're in the greater sac area.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I'm in Pine Grove, Maybe an hour from Elk Grove. Are you going to TBS-POPS B day party? I'll be there. I'll trade you hoods or sell it for $50, Then you won't have to cut yours

Jim
            69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Working...
            X