Truck 4 spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck 4 spd

i have a 4 spd from my 68 chevy that I don't need. not sure the model # or even where to look. I was thinking maybe $25 or make me an offer if you could use it. I also have 1 that will be comming from an 81 1 ton when I get time to remove it.
    Thanks Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

I am interested in seeing what the tranny in the 81 1 ton is. If it's a NV4500 I am VERY intersted. I'll even drive up and help you pull it! Let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Figuring a 4500 is a 5 speed....not a 4500 in that truck. Not even sure they had 4500's back then. More than likely an SM465
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

They are both 4 spds. I have no use for them and trying to clean things up. If someone can tell me where to find the model # I will sure look for it. I would just as soon not take them to the dump if someone could use them..
        Jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I would guess a SM465 too. There great granny low trannies for gm drivetrains.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

isnt the SM 420 the super low 7:1 tranny?

My buddy just pick one of those SM trannys.. but nothing is better then a good old NP
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
              isnt the SM 420 the super low 7:1 tranny?

My buddy just pick one of those SM trannys.. but nothing is better then a good old NP
              Yup, but the 465 is also pretty low. Comparable to the 435.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
              X