WTB: 1987-1993 5.0 front brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 1987-1993 5.0 front brackets

I'm looking for the front dress off a 5.0 Mustang motor. I read an article over on Bfix showing how to use these brackets on the same 351 crate motor I have and it looks like the solution for me. I really only need the Alternator/tensioner bracket (and tensioner), a 5.0 water pump for a core, and the crank and h20 pump serp pulleys. I plan to run the Delphi/Saginaw PS pump with the bracket that WH and others sell on the other side.

Any help or leads would be appreciated!
    -Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Can you send me a link to that write up plus I will look for some brackets too I my have some around I had 3 motors at one time but I know I gave one set away

Brian
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Brian, here's the link:
      http://www.broncofix.com/viewtopic.p...r=asc&start=75

This is the same guy who goes by 70eb here... The post that starts out as "Serpentine upgrade is complete." gives all the information. I am currently the winning bidder on one of the brackets I need on ebay (the alt/tensioner), hopefully nobody outbids me. I have a line on a brand new water pump (that spins the other direction) that I can probably have for free, it may cost me a case of beer. I think I'm going to run the delphi pump and get one of the brackets that WH and others sell for that side and call it done.

If you do find the bracket I'm interested in case somebody goes beyond what I'm willing to pay. Ford sells that bracket brand new for like $470!!!

-Tony
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Tony
        If you end up going Junkyard looking look for a Ford Van. If the 5.0 stuff works on a 5.8 then all the dress off a van will work to. But the van uses a Saginaw pump stock. that is what I am using on my 5.0 the bracket I gave away I am borrowing back to make sure it fits my 5.8 that way I will use the dress off my 5.0 witch came off a Ford van 89 I think. Also the Mustang stuff will cost more as it is wanted more who looks for stuff off a van? I would think you could get all the brackets for $100.00 to $200.00 witch I think is high for I paid $150.00 for the hole van (Ford did not sell the bracket ) plus the money for the W/H bracket would go towards all this

Brian

Ok now I must go look to see if I can find you those bracket you want.

Small Highjack
        Seahawkfan I found the brake parts will get then out to you this week
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Tony
          No power steering bracket but I do have 2 Alt/Smog pump Bracket
          also 2 TFI Dist 5.0 if any one need one

Comment

Tony you should have some goodies on your porch (I think it is a crok that UPS will just drop and run )

Brian

Comment

5.0 serp system

I have herd that if you run the serp. setup off of a ford explorer with a 5.0 it will give you more room then the setup off of a ford mustang. Don't know if that will help you but thought i would throw it in

Comment

Originally posted by SandRun View Post
                I have herd that if you run the serp. setup off of a ford explorer with a 5.0 it will give you more room then the setup off of a ford mustang. Don't know if that will help you but thought i would throw it in
                I may end up doing the Exploder brackets. Bronco Brian was nice enough to give me the Mustang 5.0 alternator bracket and FFMDX pitched in a tensioner. I have moved my radiator as far forward as I can without modifying the core support (Been avoiding that to retain the stock hood latch) and I now have a little over 3" between the water pump pulley and the radiator. If I run the flex fan that I have with a low profile shroud it'll work, but I'm not sure how well that will cool. I have access to an Exploder water pump and timing chain cover that I can have for free, it'll just be a matter of rounding up the brackets if I do go that way.

I've got about a million little projects going right now but if anybody knows of a good source for the Explorer stuff, I'm all ears...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I believe exploder bracketry will gain ~2" over the mustang stuff.
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                    I may end up doing the Exploder brackets. Bronco Brian was nice enough to give me the Mustang 5.0 alternator bracket and FFMDX pitched in a tensioner. I have moved my radiator as far forward as I can without modifying the core support (Been avoiding that to retain the stock hood latch) and I now have a little over 3" between the water pump pulley and the radiator. If I run the flex fan that I have with a low profile shroud it'll work, but I'm not sure how well that will cool. I have access to an Exploder water pump and timing chain cover that I can have for free, it'll just be a matter of rounding up the brackets if I do go that way.

I've got about a million little projects going right now but if anybody knows of a good source for the Explorer stuff, I'm all ears...
                    Tony,

Explorer serp set up is the way to go, you can run its plastic fan with fan clutch. It does not work with the Mustang stuff, if you need to smog it. EGR source comes from the heads through the upper/lower manifolds. Explorers took their EGR source from the Exh mainfold with an external pipe. My 75 has mustang serp set up with a flex fan and I have about 1 inch of clearance between the fan and Rad. That includes a radiator fan saver mounted to the Rad. Explorers ran the 4G Alt as well, and it has a better p/s pump set up too.

Doug
                    Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-24-2008, 01:54 PM.
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                      I believe exploder bracketry will gain ~2" over the mustang stuff.
                      I believe this opens a whole can of worms... If I am not mistaken, the 5.0s are a 50oz imbalance motor and my 351 is a 28oz, and only the explorer balancer will work with explorer brackets. Right now the pulleys and tensioner I have line up and I can make them work. Its never simple.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Were you able to find these brackets? I believe I have everything you need but I will have to dig through all my spare parts. Let me know.

Kyle

Comment

.....Its never simple.
                          That's the truth!!
                          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                            That's the truth!!
                            It is not the finished result, it is the journey to get there...
                            And some of those roads suck!
                            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

You guys are really starting to convince me to scrap the Mustang bracketry and go with the Exploder stuff. Like I said I've managed to get 3" or so between the pulley and the radiator, and with a flex fan its only marginally less clearance. A clutch fan would be slick though. I think I need to work on getting the Explorer water pump from my buddy then suck it up and buy the Exploder bracketry. A local machine shop should be able to rebalance the harmonic balancer from the explorer as well. Arrgh... I thought I was so close.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X