351 parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351 parts

looking for a aluminium 351 intake and a oil pan for a bronco.I know the pan is a stretch but if you know a cheap place to buy one of if maybe one type is better than the other this info would be helpful.

thanks Ben

ps I just want to say thanks to Manuel for the motor again.That was cool
    sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Talk to me in a couple years about my aluminum intake! I'm not ready yet but my beast will be injected one day.

As for the oil pan - Summit sells one that works in the EB - I believe its actually a 351w conversion oil pan for fox-body mustangs. Its what I have - IIRC it costs around $100 and includes the dipstick and pickup.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
      Talk to me in a couple years about my aluminum intake! I'm not ready yet but my beast will be injected one day.

As for the oil pan - Summit sells one that works in the EB - I believe its actually a 351w conversion oil pan for fox-body mustangs. Its what I have - IIRC it costs around $100 and includes the dipstick and pickup.
      Does this pan have a front drain plug, and come down a little in the front. If so, when you air out your bronco you will hit the drag link on it before the bumpstops. It will self clearance though.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I was told by another EB guy that this pan was the way to go with a 351w and 5.5" lift... Yes it does have a small sump up front and yes its got a drain plug up there. I guess if it self-clearances I'll find out. I have not aired it out yet but I've flexed it way up and its still a good distance away.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I need to clearify that I also have the WH track bar riser. The way I first found out that it was going to hit was when I put stock coils in the front to swap my 5.5's for some 3.5's. It was sitting on the pan with them in there. I beat on it hard at SOB this year, and that is when I made contact. With 5.5's I wouldn't worry about it.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

good to know

Comment

I may have a second Edelbrock intake for a 351w soon. I am going to buy a set of Edelbrock heads, intake, a cam and a dizzy from a friend of mine. I will let you know when I get them. Mabye in a week or so.

Oh and by the way, If you aren't going to use the 2bbl manifold on that motor I am interested in it.
              Last edited by kwspony; 09-12-2008, 04:59 AM.
              1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

I'm definitely not going to use the 2bbl manifold

Comment

I am either going back to the 2bbl or try a 2bbl adapter on the Edelbrock. Depends on how high the carb comes out.
                  1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
                  X