Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB... Not sure what its called!

Hey guys,
    I'm missing the part that sits inside the firewall to hold the steering column seal in place. Its kind of a ring shaped piece of stamped steel with 4-5 screw holes and its only purpose in life is to hold the rubber steering column seal in place. I can't find mine and I've torn the garage apart looking for it. I even remember painting it and now its gone...

Anybody? Please? I can't even find one at the main bronco parts houses. I'm stumped. If you've got one and can part with it, let me know what you want for it!

-Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

"Steering Column Seal" ? http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/categor...k_Column_Parts
    Brad
    Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
      Nope.. I have that part. There's a metal piece that sandwiches the flat flange part of that rubber seal between it and the firewall. Might be called "column seal retainer" or something like that.
      Last edited by CityHick; 10-28-2008, 07:20 AM.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I think I have an extra one at home. I'll check tonight and let you know.
        1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Cool! If not, I'm probably going to make one from some sheet metal.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

You talking about the piece that cradles the column and has the clamp going around it? Kinda triangular? See pic
            Attached Files
            Vacaville, Ca
            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
              You talking about the piece that cradles the column and has the clamp going around it? Kinda triangular? See pic
              Nope... I have that piece. There's a piece on the inside of the firewall that's purpose in life is to clamp the firewall seal to the firewall. Its just a simple piece of stamped sheet metal with holes that match the firewall seal's holes...
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I don't recall that piece on mine. It only had the piece under the hood like above.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

i went looking and you are right. I took mine off years ago when I swapped in the GM tilt column. I used to have it but haven't seen it in awhile.
                  1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

this thing??

I almost chucked it when I did my flaming river column swap, but you're lucky I kept it for some reason or another. PM me your address and I'll throw it in the mail tomorrow.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GloNDark2; 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM.
                    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Way to go GLO!!!NOW!!! What's it called???
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
                        this thing??

I almost chucked it when I did my flaming river column swap, but you're lucky I kept it for some reason or another. PM me your address and I'll throw it in the mail tomorrow.

SWEET! PM on the way!
                        I know as soon as I receive yours I'll find mine - but I'll hang on to one of them because somebody else will need this mystery part...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I hearby proclaim this part the steering column whosamajig. haha

I'll toss it in the mail tomorrow man

Comment

Frickin figures! I don't have that piece either. Is it a "necessary" piece? You know, for safety or something? Looks like I need to find one and take out my column ...........again. Who else has one laying around?

Jeff
                            Vacaville, Ca
                            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

It is probably not really "necessary" but to make the column seal stay put, it seems like it is. I have no clue where mine is hiding but its not something I would have intentionally thrown away... I just see that seal as a barrier from engine bay fumes, water and muck tossed up from the tires, etc. Its a big open hole in the firewall without that seal.

If I find mine, I can mail you whichever I don't use...
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X