Need a Stock Bronco Steering Box for My 72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Stock Bronco Steering Box for My 72

It's about time I got my steering box fixed. I just bought a new house...so I can't afford to send in the old one to have it repaired (and plumbed for hydro) so I need to find an interim fix. We all know how those “short term” fixes work!!!!

Anyway, does anyone have a stock steering box just sitting around?
    72 Sport

I have a scout II box rebuilt and ported for $300 Very close to EB box, One mount hole is reversed.
    PM me for pics with your email addy, Uses stock pitman arm

Thanks Jim
    69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by 69 broncosport View Post
      I have a scout II box rebuilt and ported for $300 Very close to EB box, One mount hole is reversed.
      PM me for pics with your email addy, Uses stock pitman arm

Thanks Jim
      Did you have the box changed so it turns the same as a bronco? Scout boxes came with the pitman arm facing forward.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Marc it came off an EB, I got it fro Lil-Bronc. It was set up for his EB that is now a buggy

LMK Jim
        69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by 69 broncosport View Post
          Marc it came off an EB, I got it fro Lil-Bronc. It was set up for his EB that is now a buggy

LMK Jim
          I was just checking because a couple of my buddies who moved their front axles forward 6 inches uses the scout box for the forward pitman arm. That way they didn't have to move the box mount.
          Marc D.

Comment

Here you go.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131380
            Last edited by crawlin68; 12-16-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Link didn't work for me Pat.
              Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                Link didn't work for me Pat.
                Try it now. Think I fixed it.

Comment

Thanks Jim...I'm going to pass on the Scout box for now.
                  72 Sport

Comment

Randy, hello first of all...

PSC makes an end cover that will fit your PS box. Get that cover, buy the seal kit and re seal it. I just did this on a 77 box and it was easy as pie to change out the pitman arm shaft and input seals. The end cap is held in with just an metal oring which may come with the new PSC cover. Now, PSC may not sell just the cover now, but 5 years ago they would have.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                    X