Flywheel dust cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel dust cover

Need a flywheel dust cover for my 302/C4 bellhousing. Anybody got one laying around?
    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Any chance its the same as a manual trans cover? the bolts are in the same place right? If so I've got one in Livermore.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Nope they are different. The C4 version has an inspection plate. All the bolt holes are in the same place though.
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Do I need the inspection plate, or can I just take the cover off to inspect it?
        70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

Comment

You would have to take the tranny off to do that. The plate is there to make it easier from what I understand. In all the years I had an auto I never inspected anything through that plate.
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

The inspection plate is there to get the torque converter bolts off or onto the flexplate...or drain the fluid out of the same IF so equipped... manual trans - no insp plate...solid flywheel. class is over
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
              The inspection plate is there to get the torque converter bolts off or onto the flexplate...or drain the fluid out of the same IF so equipped... manual trans - no insp plate...solid flywheel. class is over
              Good answer Pops
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                class is over
                My dog ate my home work.

Comment

Thanks. So it's the "inspection plate" I am after, anybody got one laying around?

Comment

There is an intermediate plate that goes between the engine and trans. the inspection plate attaches to that. you need both pieces if you dont have them..
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I just need to sheet metal "inspection plate" to cover up the exposed flywheel.

Comment

WH sells them
                        Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
                          WH sells them
                          Go to a Upullit yard and get one. They wont charge you hardly anything.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                          X