Wanted: rear spring hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: rear spring hangers

If anyone is doing a rear coil set up, Itzpink is still looking for rear spring mounts. She had someone do a botched "spring drop bracket" and they gas axed the rear perches off the frame.
    Thanks!
    73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Re: Wanted: rear spring hangers

Does she need front or rear or both???Give us the info and we'll see what we can do...
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I am about to start my 3 link set-up, I was just going to cut them up, but I can try taking them off carefully if somebody wants them. I did a shackle flip a few months ago, so I welded extra bracing to the shackle mounts, I might still be able to get them off in one piece.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I wish I had a picture to show you guys
        She needs the rear hangars for sure, I'll ask about the fronts. The guy that "built" the lift does j**p stuff, it looks j**p-ish , anyway, he did a 5 1/2 lift and used cage coils in the front, then he cut the rear hangars off and basicly welded a stud onto the frame. then he took a piece of tube and built a shackle on the bottom and attached it to the stock rear leaf springs to "drop " the rear end.I cant remember how he attached the tube to the stud, I think it was another set of shackles maybe? It doesn't look right and I'm sure it's not street legal.

Comment

I really tried to save my spring hangers, honest, but even though the factory welds are ugly they sure held the brackets on well. I ended up cutting them to pieces with the bandsaw, just to avoid having cut-off wheel marks going into my frame.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Pops-
            Do you have anything in the POPX that would work?

Comment

Im still looking for rear hangers, anyone anyone? My botched hangers are not going to hold much longer. Thats something for Wildhorses to carry. Mark! Johnny! It's the only thing I haven't been able to purchase. S*#t I even have the kitchen sink!
              Its going to cost what? Bahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by firecat View Post
                I wish I had a picture to show you guys
                She needs the rear hangars for sure, I'll ask about the fronts. The guy that "built" the lift does j**p stuff, it looks j**p-ish , anyway, he did a 5 1/2 lift and used cage coils in the front, then he cut the rear hangars off and basicly welded a stud onto the frame. then he took a piece of tube and built a shackle on the bottom and attached it to the stock rear leaf springs to "drop " the rear end.I cant remember how he attached the tube to the stud, I think it was another set of shackles maybe? It doesn't look right and I'm sure it's not street legal.

What a freaking hacker. See if Chuck (famliman) still has that portion of his frame he cut off.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Here is the Pics, Guys tell me what you think? See the weak point?

Photobucket

Photobucket
                  Its going to cost what? Bahahahahaha!

Comment

It is hack for sure...although properly gusseted it would probably be ok. I would re-do it either with stock brackets, or fabbed up brackets that look similar to the stockers.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

It needs to go, when it breaks, it'll be ugly!

Comment

I'd say I would have some but my four link is a ways off now, soon but not as soon as you need.

If the wife will give me some time in the next few weeks, i can get my front done. Then start fabbing my upper links. Then i should be able to take the plasma to the hangers and take them off clean.
                        Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 01-06-2010, 09:16 PM.
                        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Don't know if this helps but i found this on CL...... I sent the guy a mail asking if the rear hangers were still there and he said ya so if you would like to connect with him you might be able to score a set...

http://redding.craigslist.org/pts/1544053038.html

hope this helps ya

kevin
                          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Working...
                          X