f-150 steering box & Hydro Assist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f-150 steering box & Hydro Assist.

looking for steering box to work with 60's and 40 in tires, I only know f150 box.
    also looking for hydro assist setup. thanks!
    What can I fix next?

Re: f-150 steering box & Hydro Assist.

the F-150 box is what I have But it hangs down to low. Rocks love it.

Greg
    sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Originally posted by u14 View Post

Greg
      what do you think would work or is an alternative? Thanks.
      What can I fix next?

Comment

78 or 79 bronco box or 90's delfi chevy box 3.25 turns. That's what I been reserching so far.

Greg
        sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

78 or 79 bronco box or 90's delfi chevy box 3.25 turns. That's what I been reserching so far.

Greg
          okay. That is one that would work for early bronco? Than you just have to port and tap/drill holes for the lines than?
          What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
            okay. That is one that would work for early bronco? Than you just have to port and tap/drill holes for the lines than?
            Yes that is what I am told. I will keep you posted, I am looking for one myself.

Comment

Yes that is what I am told. I will keep you posted, I am looking for one myself.
              okay. please do, that would save me money, if not than i am going to buy all the stuff at poly performance.
              What can I fix next?

Comment

I am in the process of setting up the same thing. There is a big write up on West Coast Broncos. I have bought everything and I am assembling the box at this point. All I have to do is adjust the sector shaft. Link below
                http://www.wcb4x4.com/tech/diyrockcrawler.shtml
                1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

This is whare I got my Box, it took 22 days but saved a few bucks.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...Q5fAccessories
                  1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
                    I am in the process of setting up the same thing. There is a big write up on West Coast Broncos. I have bought everything and I am assembling the box at this point. All I have to do is adjust the sector shaft. Link below
                    http://www.wcb4x4.com/tech/diyrockcrawler.shtml
                    cool. thanks a lot man.

that steering box will bolt to frame or have to do mods/drill holes sleeve, etc?

How much did everything cost you?

I am looking this route or buy a complete set from psc which is sold at poly performance.

i know that psc poison spyder custom is the best and that is what is ran on just about all crawlers, like in mags and that sort of thing.
                    What can I fix next?

Comment

I think I have $675. in to the compleat setup. I have the one ton tie rods and chrome molly 1.5" tube.
                      http://completeoffroad.com/i-124127-...44-and-60.html
                      Wescoast DYI adapters and rebuild kit
                      http://www.wcb4x4.com/mm5/merchant.m...uct_Code=20739
                      $79.00 in to Pick your part steering box to do the reverse steer. You will need the adapter it will not bolt on. If I was able to spend the cash on a new box I would but you will still need all the other parts too. It would cost about $1200.00 to do it all new or rebuilt. I feel I got Just as good in the end and saved $600.00
                      I will take some pictures and post later tonight or tomorrow. Got a rod run to go to and a lot of work to do. Welder comming this weekend too.
                      Last edited by RandyatBBY; 07-10-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Greg
                        mount it higher.. i know someone on here did
                        {o===o}
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                        Originally posted by CityHick
                        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

the 4x4 box is what you want not the 2x4 f100 box. The 4x4 box is the same for 70's F150 and big body broncos
                          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Thanks for the input. The complete kit with psc stuff I am getting for 1013 shipped.
                            What can I fix next?

Comment

I have a stock EB box rebuilt and ported for hydro steer that I will be selling if you are interested. I have been running it with one tons and 40's for about 2 years. It is in good shape and has no leaks.

FM <><
                              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                              X