Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploder Serpentine setups & other good stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploder Serpentine setups & other good stuff!

OK fellas, I have 2 more Explorer serpentine setups COMPLETE (bare block and heads forward) off '96 to '98 model 5.0s. I've got them on CB for $400 shipped but willing to make some "good deals" for my Norcal Bruddas due to the invaluable help I've gotten from all on this board. Actually I should charge DOUBLE for all the expensive upgrades I've been talked into on here! All kidding aside, I'll go $275 for anyone on here and transportation/ shipping can be negotiated. I'm heading up to Chico from Oceanside for Xmas this year and would be willing to meet up anywhere along I-5 or 99 between here and Chico if the timeframe works out for you.

These include:
    Timing cover & pointer/ sensor
    50oz Harmonic Balancer
    Water Pump
    Clutch Fan
    130 amp 4G alternator w/ bracket, idler pulley & tensioner
    P/S pump & res w/ high pressure hose (for fittings if nothing else)
    A/C pump w/ bracket & idler pulley
    AND every single bolt you'll need to get this strapped onto your 302/ 5.0.

I'll also be selling my HD Delphi P/S pump w/ V-belt pulley. This is the one from WH that comes with the Deluxe Quick Ratio P/S system. This was bought BRAND NEW and has maybe 1000 miles on it! I welded a AN style bung into the res to make it dual return for Hydroboost but this could easily be capped w/ a AN cap if you only need a single return. It'll come with the WH 302 mounting bracket, WH adjustment bracket, P/S bracket bolt & 2 V-belts (1 brand new). You'll need new lines depending on what box you're running. WH stocks just about every application we run... I'd like to get $175 for everything. I'll also throw in a second reservoir w/ stock dual returns (its a shade larger for more capacity).

130 Amp 3G alternator. I drilled and tapped the lower mounting boss to accept the 3/8 adjusting screw (included). I also extended the lower stock bracket 1.5" to allow for full adjustment on the belt. I'll include both upper and lower mounting brackets, V-belt pulley (installed), 6 groove serpentine pulley & 2 V-belts (1 brand new). All you'll need to do is bolt it on & wire it up. SOLD

Flowcooler water pump. Maybe 500 miles on this thing and works great! $60. (Pic below mounted on my original 302) For an even $100 I'll throw in the single groove pump pulley, flex fan and aluminum fan spacer. With this pump and flex fan (running a WH staggered 4 core rad) I never saw more than 195 deg wheeling pretty hard in the Socal Desert in 100 deg weather...

I also have a pair of Mustang shorty headers that have been temp coated by Olympic Coatings in Escondido. They can work for our rigs with some creative exhaust work on the passenger side (my guy down here said he could do it) and Hydraulic clutch (the mech clutch linkage ends up being inside the collector!). Better for someone that might have a Mustang or Pickup on here... I'd like $150 for the pair and click the link below for info on the coating (coating alone cost me more than that!). Go to "Click for TBC 101", bottom of page "See specs / details", they are the B.A Black finish pictured. I was going to run these until I found a pair of SS JBA shorties sitting under the hood of an '85 F-150...
    http://www.olycoatings.com/thermo.html
    (Pics below of both sides bolted up to my "new" 302)
    I've got 2 pairs of Mustang shorties you can cut and re-weld to get around the above issues $40/ pr.

Stock V-belt, 2 groove, 3 bolt crank pulley $20 and a 3 groove, 3 bolt crank pulley off a '70s van $25 I was going to swap on for running a York compressor.

I've got a hodge-podge of other stuff (most is vintage '69):
    -stock 2 bbl intake manifold and autolite carb $50
    -stock exhaust manifolds in good shape $50
    -stock hood latch assembly
    -stock mechanical clutch linkage (minus the "torpedo" that pushes on the bellcrank)
    -stock mechanical throttle linkage (everything but the pedal)
    -stock hood prop rod (straight!)
    -stock washer bottle (small crack in plastic that leaks slightly & could easily be sealed. Pump is GOOD.)
    -stock '74 washer bottle w/ pump (never ran it but looks good)
    -radiator overflow bottle and mounting bracket (not stock but in good shape)
    -stock manual MC minus pushrod (good for core or rebuild)
    -several dash switches, knobs and bezels to include Choke cable from pull knob to carb

I'm sure there's some more stuff in there I'm forgetting but thats the list of goods I can think of right now. Let me know if anyone is interested/ needs any of this stuff. Moving to Hawaii in Jan and would like to clean out my parts in leiu of storage...

Open to offers on any of this gear and stuff w/o "asking" prices I'm open to donations/ free (shipping only)...

Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Fungus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fungus232; 10-12-2009, 02:54 PM.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: Exploder Serpentine setups & other good stuff!

Took some more pics tonight of the steering pump, alternator and pulleys...
    Attached Files

Comment

more pics...
      Attached Files

Comment

Lot of good stuff there Fungus. I really only need the bolts, but am tempted anyway, since my setup (not installed yet) has the power steering pump mount cut down and I don't know how that will effect the A/C install. Or, really, if I've got everything I need anyway.
        I'll let you know, but if others respond first, of course go for it!

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDonk View Post
          Lot of good stuff there Fungus. I really only need the bolts, but am tempted anyway, since my setup (not installed yet) has the power steering pump mount cut down and I don't know how that will effect the A/C install. Or, really, if I've got everything I need anyway.
          I'll let you know, but if others respond first, of course go for it!

Paul
          No sweat Paul. I actually pulled an extra P/S pump (for a spare) and bracket to mess around with this hairbrained idea of building some kind of bracket/ modifying the Exploder bracket to mount a York... If you're in NEED of just the p/s bracket I could probably be talked out of it. All the bolts I've got on hand correspond to complete setups so I can't let those wander off... and by all means, if you want the whole shabang, I can do that too! Awww 'cmon, you need spares anyhow... a guy can NEVER have enough parts clutterin' up his garage...

John
          Last edited by Fungus232; 10-07-2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Does the Explorer stuff bolt onto a 351W? Anyone figure out what you have to do to get it to a 28oz on the balancer?

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
              Does the Explorer stuff bolt onto a 351W? Anyone figure out what you have to do to get it to a 28oz on the balancer?
              It certainly does! Checkout the sticky in the tech forum. I believe any good machine shop/ engine builder can re-balance it for you. Also, Driven Auto Parts in Phoenix just started puttin' out a billet 3 bolt serp pulley to be used w/ your 28 oz balancer & the exploder serp gear for $75... He's also crankin' out a p/s pulley for the explorer pump that is 1" smaller in diameter to get more output out of the pump, especially at lower RPM. I'm leaning this direction especially since i'm going to run hydroboost too. I know guys are running explorer serps w/ hydroboost in stock form though w/ no probs so i'm undecided...
              Last edited by Fungus232; 10-07-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I want one...but a bit $$$ i just might try to buy the whole engine...
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                  I want one...but a bit $$$ i just might try to buy the whole engine...
                  Just make sure you get one without orange or pink paint on it!
                  In all seriousness, I think i'll post in the tech section my technique cause it ain't no picnic pullin' these things! After 7 of'em I've got it down pretty good. Its about $200 worth of parts & 2 to 3 hrs of tearing your hands & arms apart... The last one I got I had down to an hour... So i'll post for those that want to go get yer own... I crack myself up sometimes... or maybe its the sour mash runnin' through my veins....

Comment

Rick and Greg, was it?
                    I have your stuff
                    Rick I don't know when I am going up to Sac again.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

We'll figure it out Mark, Thanks!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                        Rick and Greg, was it?
                        I have your stuff
                        Rick I don't know when I am going up to Sac again.
                        I can come pick it up when ever. Email or call (209)480-1163.

Thanks Greg
                        sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Still have 2 complete setups available fellas... $275 each. Take'em off my hands so I don't have to haul'em to Hawaii...

Fungus

Comment

Working...
                          X