Hard top parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard top parts

Does anybody have a hard top they are scrapping? If so I may be interested in it. I discovered some hidden (but not totally unexpected) crappy body work on mine, and I think the best way forward here is to cut out and section in some better sheet metal.

Specifically, I'm looking for a driver's side front corner. Mine was crushed and repaired with fiberglass at some point in its past. I think its beyond salvaging, but the rest of the top is in decent shape.

I know this is a long shot, but somebody out there has got to have a top they want to get rid of, with damage somewhere else on theirs.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Hard top parts

Let me go out and look at the five we have got around here. I might have what you want tony.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

How's about this one Tony. Really pretty straight and even has a custom headliner in it. you might even want to redo this one instead of cutt'n it up. come get it!!
      Attached Files
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I have a few here in Morgan Hill also.
        69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I guess I did not recognize Tony's e-mail name on the yahoo group...

Tony needs the Driver's front corner and Pops has my old one...

Doug
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I got your old top from Pops this afternoon Doug. Its far from perfect but its a better starting point (I think) and I could not argue with the price. I think that top layer of paint is house paint... the little chipping I've done at it, it flakes right off. The headliner is kinda cool too, I may keep it.

So far I've noticed that the sides near the back corner are a bit loose (outer sheet metal a bit disconnected from the inner) but otherwise I think I can work with it better than I can with my top.

The plan for now is to salvage a few parts from my old top (lift gate and a few other pieces) and get the thing ready for paint. Its not going to be a quick project but it's a start!
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Did you have this in the bed of your Truck the other day?
              If so, I saw you on 580.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                Did you have this in the bed of your Truck the other day?
                If so, I saw you on 580.
                Yep that would be me. Brought it home yesterday afternoon. I was getting some weird looks from people, I guess they just don't understand.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

You drive slow :P
                  I saw that thing about a mile away, thinking "Is that an EB top?"
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                    You drive slow :P
                    I saw that thing about a mile away, thinking "Is that an EB top?"
                    LOL. I was hauling ass earlier and the radar detector kept telling me that CHP was watching. Plus the top started moving around a bit at 80mph.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I'm reviving this thread...

I think the decision has been made... My free top from the POPX is a lost cause (or at least beyond my patience level to repair). I started stripping the paint from it and found lots of evil lurking underneath the paint. There are a couple of spots with 1/4" thick bondo that is cracked all the way down to the sheet metal, and a lot more holes in the roof panel than I had initially noticed. I'm not trying to bash anybody, it was a free top.

I am seriously considering cutting the front corner off of it like I originally planned, and trying my luck at sectioning it onto my original hard top, which overall is in much better shape than the top I got last weekend.

This is unless somebody else has a complete hard top they're looking to part with, that's in good shape. For a painted top in good shape I'd consider paying $300-500.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        For a painted top in good shape I'd consider paying $300-500.
                        I got $700.00 for mine about 4 years ago
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

If you wanna buy a top Tony by all means come on down and take a look at mine. It has a pressure dent in the center from bow coming un-glued. It was the black one with the tinted windows at the house.
                          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                            If you wanna buy a top Tony by all means come on down and take a look at mine. It has a pressure dent in the center from bow coming un-glued. It was the black one with the tinted windows at the house.
                            I'm looking for a white top. Guess I should have specified. Beggars can't be choosers, but I'm partial to the wimbledon white original top color. Black will be too hot; I've owned two black vehicles and will never own another.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Tony, arent you sanding down and repainting it anyway.
                              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                              X