WANTED: 5.0 computer "X3Z"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED: 5.0 computer "X3Z"

I am looking for an ECU out of a 1993 cobra mustang. The ecu designation is "X3Z".

Re: WANTED: 5.0 computer "X3Z"

You can order reman computers from Kragen Auto Parts for about $100.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If your looking for increased performene. You would be better off spending your money on a custom chip and a non cobra computer. Do some research on ECUs, you will find the X3Z with out custom programming provides less performence than the non cobra computers (A9L, A9P, etc..) and cost nearly twice as much.
      Ryan discusses it a fair amout on his Website FordFuel njection.com
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        Thats good to know, I was planning on buying an A9S off a guy for $50, but would ratehr spend the extra $50 if I can get one from Kragen where I can probably take it back if it don't work right.
        302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          Originally posted by buknbronco View Post
          Thats good to know, I was planning on buying an A9S off a guy for $50, but would ratehr spend the extra $50 if I can get one from Kragen where I can probably take it back if it don't work right.
          My ? is do you need a core? and say you want a A9L is that what your core needs to be?
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I just looked and you do need a core ($109). I don't see the specific codes like A9L either. Not sure if you would be able to tell if a remaned A9L or other code.
            302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

I bought an aftermarket Napa A9L with some other parts off of Ebay, and there are no identification stickers regarding A9L or any other program. But the engine runs great and it has the port for a performance chip. The guy that I bought it from said he had it on his 1991 Mustang GT. Without any stickers, you can't tell the difference, except for the serial port not being there on lower performance ECM's.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I did some research on the re-mans, but I had never talked to anyone that had actually used one. I might head that direction after hearing you guys vouch for it.

I am having an A9L chipped with Tweecer.

The X3Z will be my trail spare because it will still "run" my motor without being chipped. I am running 24 lb injectors with the larger MAF. It is 331 c.i.d.

I've read what they said on Fordfuelinjection.com about the X3Z, however it does not apply to my application.

Comment

I have a guy here in stockton that can program a stock computer to stock specs. so he can take any ecm and program it to the factory specs you want... around $100. let me know if you would like his ph#...
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                  BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                  RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Thanks Pops. I have been searching the Mustang sites as well trying to find a stock one. If I can't come up with one before wheelin' season, I definately will look you up for that number.

Comment

Working...
                    X