• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold duck bronco doubler setup w/ free bronco t-case

Listing for a friend Call the attached number Chris 707 - 228 - 8689

Located in windsor CA

Here are some pictures.

comes with tranny (t-18/np435) tailhousing adapter (old 3 speed adapter cut and re-welded 31 spline input)

Cold duck seems fine worked just fine, some funky welding and machining but from what i'vee seen on the internet on par with this style cut adn re-welded t-case. The bronco t-case that is attached works fine sitll has stock outputs. the cast iron at the shifter seal did crack away. never seemed to be an issue, seeped a little and prevented the seal from doing its job but since you probably have your own case this one is there for extra parts.

Nice setup gives you multiple options 2.46 low range or 6.05:2 when both are locked in. or if you have tear low gears and a HD output in your t-case already, bolt it up and you'll now have either the 2.46:1 low range using the CD and keeping the t-case in high, 3.15:1 low range with CD in high and the t-case in low or 7.49:1 ubber low when you need it by locking both into their low settings.

Just cleaned it up today, seems like everyone always paints their stuff to sell it problem is paint hides the truth. here it is for you to seem with your own eyes..$750 OBO with or without the T-case.

picture of the inside of the cold duck case

outside of the cold duck case

whole assembly

welded up tranny adapter

inside the dana 20 case

Chris
    707 - 228 - 8689
    Last edited by ddestruel; 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM.
    "Jeep Lurker"

Jeep cj 7
    Amc 401 power plants you should try it some time

Re: Cold duck bronco doubler setup w/ free bronco t-case

Frick, this would be so much cheaper doubler option than the C6/black box/205 that I want for ultimate trail strength.....

Comment

For those that don't remember the Cold Duck, they did work well.
      The bad thing, they pretty much all leaked. Many people used expansion tanks on the crawler box so when the fluid was heated it did not spill out all of the fluid.
      I think I still have a copy of the install instructions as well.
      With a stock wheelbase, a cold duck makes the front and rear drive shafts the same length as well.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I have been running mine for many years with no problems. I had purchased mine from the J.R. Coots who was the original designer. They also produced a book called "Bronco Manual" talking about axle swaps, trail repairs, disk brakes etc. I believe he or his partner (Ronn Coates) died in a crash many years ago.
        69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Sold this evening

thanks Guys
          "Jeep Lurker"

Jeep cj 7
          Amc 401 power plants you should try it some time

Comment

Working...
          X