need some tall valve covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some tall valve covers

anyone have a set of tall valve covers they want to trade for a set of old school M/T aluminum's. They won't clear my valve train anymore.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: need some tall valve covers

Can you just pull a set of OEM Ford alums off a 5.0 stang in the junkyard? I've got two sets I'm planning on running on the 5.0 & 5.8s I currently have in the assembly stage.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

haven't had the time to get out to PnP lately. I am sure I can find a set. Just being lazy.
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

the aluminum ones will not clear larger cams, your best best is some bone stock stamped steel ones-you get more clearance than with the 5.0 aluminums, ask me how i know

i had .550" lift that would not clear aluminums, but was ok with stamped steel
        Last edited by jonasd; 09-01-2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I will remember that, thanks. It has the stamped metal covers on it now but all the holes were welded up due to it being in a race truck.

Comment

Working...
          X