Back spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back spacing

Getting ready to order some wheels. Was wondering what back spacing to order. Planning on 31x10.50x15 tires. They recommended 3 3/4" on 15x8 wheels. Does that sound correct? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Brad
    Last edited by 14Justice; 03-28-2012, 06:54 PM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Back spacing

that is a correct bs for those wheels.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
      that is a correct bs for those wheels.
      Thanks! BTW good call on the event, was gonna be ugly weather.
      1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

If this is for an uncut Brad, I would add that to the question. Sounds too wide and too little backspacing.
        Yes, it's perfect for a fully cut Bronco, and the wider wheel (an 8 is at the wide end of the recommended scale for a 10.50 wide tire) will let you bump up the tire size to 11, or even 12 inch wide tires at a later date.

But if it's for an uncut and you're only going to be running 31" tires, I'd maybe consider a 7" wide wheel with that backspacing instead. Maybe even up to 4" if that's reasonable.
        Best to check with the uncut guys though. I've never kept up on the correct compatibility for stock fenders.

Paul
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I agree with Paul on a 15x8 wheel being too wide for an uncut bronco. When I was looking for a tire/wheel combination that would provide clearance between the tire and body I found 8" wide wheels to be too wide. If I remember correctly with an 8" wide wheel you need somewhere around 4.5" or possibly more back spacing. The issue you run into with that much backspacing is an interference fit between the wheel and front steering knuckle.

Here is what I am running on my uncut bronco:

3.5" suspension lift
          No Body Lift
          31x10.50 tires
          15x7 wheel with 4" back spacing

You could theoretically probably get away with that tire/wheel combo on a stock height bronco. This combination just barely clears the rear quarter panels on my bronco with the suspension flexed.
          '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

Working...
          X