5.0 EFI intake ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 EFI intake ???????

Have you guys ever seen an intake like this? Any pros cons????

Re: 5.0 EFI intake ???????

They sell them at Summit Racing. I thought about that to clear my hydroboost. Someone said it looses low end torque. I don't know if that's true.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I would think that tank is designed for very high speed...more like the old days tunnel ram (short runners). It is my understanding that the longer the individual flow port (runner length), the lower the torque. The runner acts like a spring, the timing of the intake valve opening and closing vs runner length sets up a natural frequency in the air column and when the intake opens again, its like a momentary super charger effect dumping more air into the cylinder. So when the runners are longer (like in the Explorer intake) the torque comes on at a lower valve opening frequency (lower RPM). Anybody else chime in here?
      Last edited by Spaceburger; 04-24-2012, 09:41 AM.
      Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Category_Code=

Found it

Comment

Interesting I agree, longer runners=more torque. Comp's claims are an increase in HP and no drop in torque.
          May have to do some weekend dyno testing.

Comment

I think those are more for racing and high RPM applications.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              It says that you gain HP and 300 RPMS
              72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                I would think that tank is designed for very high speed...more like the old days tunnel ram (short runners). It is my understanding that the longer the individual flow port (runner length), the lower the torque. The runner acts like a spring, the timing of the intake valve opening and closing vs runner length sets up a natural frequency in the air column and when the intake opens again, its like a momentary super charger effect dumping more air into the cylinder. So when the runners are longer (like in the Explorer intake) the torque comes on at a lower valve opening frequency (lower RPM). Anybody else chime in here?
                Yup right on, then theres the scavenging in long tube headers
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Wow, that's really cool, I'd give it a try!
                  I don't understand how your gain 300 RPM though, What over rev's a 5.0 is crappy valve spring lay out.
                  For 300$ I'd buy it just for the ability to remove both valve covers.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Well I bought a harness and extra computer for $200 from a guy on CL and he threw it in. I may try it and see what happens. I am geared so low that I'm not sure that I'd feel any loss in torque.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Well I bought a ...a guy on CL and he threw it in.
                      post up some pics of what the internals look like before you install it. I would be curious if they tried to wrap the air coumn or tried some other tricks to keep the effective runners as long as possible.
                      As for the write up: "gain 300 RPM"...sounds like the classic marketing verbage for stupid car guys - makes no sense. I think it shifts the HP curve so it peaks 300 rpm higher which would mean the torque curve may be the same at 300 rpm higher too. that means you loose low end torque..but technically if the curve shifts ..then you haven't "lost" torque.
                      Last edited by Spaceburger; 04-24-2012, 01:43 PM.
                      Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

When I build my 408, I'm trying to decide if the Trickflow upper and lower will be neccesary or if the BC adapter for the 5.0L plenum will suffice. I think that type of an intake for a 5.0L will be too much but for a bigger engine... I'm not sure...
                        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

If your able to remove the valve covers an not remove the intake,, that's a win.. And no hydroboost issues.. Try it.
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Fit under a Bronco hood though? dunno, give it a shot
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I bet it will..
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X