Extended Radius arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Radius arms

I'm Looking for any and all opinions on extended radius arms. Let me have the good the bad and the ugly. Is it worth it? Who makes the best?

Re: Extended Radius arms

Lars Bars

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ghlight=inches

Comment

You're going to get a lot of responses here that might not answer your questions - can you elaborate a little? How much suspension lift are you running or planning to run? What kind of driving do you intend to do with this rig? What are your goals?

Many of us are fans of the CAGE/Duff style arms (CAGE is out of business... Jim opened bloody knuckle garage and is producing a lot of the CAGE stuff through that business now). I have no complaints about my CAGE arms - the caster correction is nice as is the flex and general ride quality. There are options though - as was said check out Lars Bars... they are a more economical do it yourself approach.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I'm running 5.5 inches of lift and the wheeling that I do is mostly moderate but would rather over build than under build.

Comment

When I went through this I found three options.
          1) stonecrusher steering makes a thread on extension. Cheapest option
          2) Lars bars. Great DIY project very affordable but need building skills to a point
          3) cage/duff arms. High price but great products.

If you do research you can find pros and cons on them all. I went wit the Lars bar option as for I wanted to build my own set and I think there going to work just fine for me. If I had the cash to blow duff or cage would have been more of a choice for me but I had to play inside my tiny budget.
          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I have CAGE arms. HUGE improvement in ride and handling on and off road. You will want to run a stiff shock on the front to calm the arms down as they will work a lot easier and smoother with a joint on them and not bound in a bushing.

We had a set of WH arms on the boys Bronco that we put johnny joints on and boy did they work soooo much better.. stiffer shocks here too or it had mushy road manners.
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kevoson View Post
              1) stonecrusher steering makes a thread on extension. Cheapest option
              2) Lars bars. Great DIY project very affordable but need building skills to a point
              3) cage/duff arms. High price but great products.

This. I would go with option #3.

Wait a min... I did
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I made the lars bars and I have very limited skills. I say option #2!
                WT 4x4
                91' One Ton Bronco
                1971 Bronco
                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X