Clear All

• 9" Carriers

Are all 9" carriers the same in eb's?

Re: 9" Carriers

Im going to go with yes.
    I think my 3rd came out of a FW 9"
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

There are two different sizes of carrier bearings that 9" axles came with(2.891" and 3.062"). I don't think I've ever seen the smaller one. They might be from earlier model year 9" carriers. 3.062" seems to be the common one. EB's all came with 28 spline axles and differentials but you can swap to 31 spline axles if you change the differential or side gears if you are planning to stay with an open diff or a lunch box locker.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I plan on throwing 35 spline in rear which would increase bearing to 3.25" too.
        What can I fix next?

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Look up NASCAR 3rds on eBay I think is what it was. Can find nodular ones for cheap.

Comment

If you want the good stuff hit up currie. I think you can get all the bells and whistle for under 2500.00

Good luck and don't forget to share with us what you got.
              What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
                I plan on throwing 35 spline in rear which would increase bearing to 3.25" too.
                That's what I did. I bought a Strange case and Daytona pinion support from Summit Racing and Moser 35 spline axles from Bronco Graveyard. I had a used ARB that went in and so far, everything has proven to be very strong... I also have a Ruff Stuff pinion guard which has saved my yoke a couple times already!
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                  That's what I did. I bought a Strange case and Daytona pinion support from Summit Racing and Moser 35 spline axles from Bronco Graveyard. I had a used ARB that went in and so far, everything has proven to be very strong... I also have a Ruff Stuff pinion guard which has saved my yoke a couple times already!
                  Sweet! That seems to be a good solid setup for sure. I will be running rcv's up front in the D44 too. I will need to buy a pinion guard too or probably just make one myself.
                  What can I fix next?

Comment

Or if you want to do the build only once (not my preferred method) : ) and never redo it...

go this route

http://www.truehi9.com/cases2.html

Comment

Working...
                    X