efi ecm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efi ecm help

I have a stand alone harnesses. Firing order is 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. Ecm I have is a a9L which is a h o firing order. I have bronco running but is under powered and i get popping from the intake. Do i need diffrent ecm? Any help appr.eciated thanks in advance

Re: efi ecm help

Check for vacuum leaks. Popping could be a lean condition, especially if it pops under initial load.

A9 firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8, you will need to stab in a 351W cam if this is in an early NON-HO roller motor.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I would also triple check your firing order/ wires and make sure the timing is set right. Start engine, disconnect SPOut connector, set timing to 10* BTC, reconnect SPOut connector. I recently found this to be the culprit of my crappy idle/ off idle performance of a 5.8 swap I just did... timing was set at 18* by a couple knuckleheads at the auto shop while I was in the cab & I didn't double check it until after alot of other troubleshooting was done & time wasted...
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

The firing order of the spark plugs needs to match the Cam shaft, I'm not sure if you made it try and match the EFI setup or not.
        A non EFI firing order runs just fine on with an EFI setup.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Running an A9X (auto) ecm on my 88 non HO engine, works great, clear as mud? Yup, check your firing order....
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

You guy rock, Found a intake leak going to time it later tonight, used the a9 l and non h o firing order seem
            s to fire up fine going to time it later tonight. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X