Trac Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trac Bar

when i updated to my high pinion narrowed 44.
    i noticed that the track bar mount on the axle was located about a 1.5"
    closer to the knuckle than my dana 30. Now my question is will that affect
    the geometry of the axle at all. I bought a adjustable track bar becouse the length went from 29" to 31.5". but my question is will this affect anything at all. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by country_boy_72; 06-14-2012, 06:15 PM.

Re: Trac Bar

Hopefully not much, the track bar should be really close to parallel with the drag link when the wheels are straight.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Mock it up and snap a picture for us to see. I mocked mine up with duct tape and scrap PVC as memory serves. If you're close to parallel and around the same length it should be fine. Longer track bars make for shallower angles which is usually a good thing.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Longer track bars make for shallower angles which is usually a good thing.
        yup!
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

wel thanks for all the good info. it lines up great with the drop link looks like i may have lucked out

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
            yup!
            x2

The longer and flatter the track bar the better. I would use the axle mount only if it works for you as is. If you need to lower your frame mount location to get the angles needed using the stock axle mount i wouldn't use it. Besides, the mounting stud is usually f'ed up anyway.

I would get a ballistic or similar axle mount riser and get your angles that way. IMHO, it is a lot stronger to use a beefy axle mount properly welded on than it is to lower the frame mount and rely on the frame's strength. As we have all seen, the track bar mount at the frame is a weak point especially when you lower it. I have mine mounted in the stock location at the frame, but I cut off the stock mount bracket and built one that wraps around the frame almost completely.

Do a tie rod over steering while you are at it!
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

right on thanks delta. i already had the relocation on the frame that was beefed up
              the track bar looks great a lot better than before. i would love to do a tie rod over.
              the funds got eaten up by the hp44 and the cage arms. that will be next for sure
              thanks everyone

Comment

If you are get a chance to go to Wild Horses looks at Jims rig. He has his axle mount moved close to the C, it is in between the axle C and the outer axle wedge actually. I beleive Lars is the orginator of this. I am sure someone will chime in with pics. This puts the length the longest you are going to get basically.

Comment

Originally posted by twisted 66 View Post
                  If you are get a chance to go to Wild Horses looks at Jims rig. He has his axle mount moved close to the C, it is in between the axle C and the outer axle wedge actually. I beleive Lars is the orginator of this. I am sure someone will chime in with pics. This puts the length the longest you are going to get basically.
                  That's how I did mine. I got the idea from Todd Z, he and Lars did his a couple of years ago. The track bar is just a straight piece of 1 1/4" DOM, no bends.
                  Attached Files
                  Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Is there any more details or a thread on this?

Originally posted by garberz View Post
                    That's how I did mine. I got the idea from Todd Z, he and Lars did his a couple of years ago. The track bar is just a straight piece of 1 1/4" DOM, no bends.

Comment

Here's another thread, but not much detail. More pics.

Mark

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8233
                      Attached Files
                      Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Not sure why, but the pics are bigger if you view them on the other thread.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8233
                        Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Working...
                        X