master cylinder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master cylinder question

I am using the hydroboost and master cylinder from a 2004 ford f-250. I am not sure which port on the master cylinder is for the front axle and which is for the rear. I would have thought it would be front for the front and rear for the rear (that is how I set it up) but the original bronco one was front/back and back/front. Does it matter since the master cylinder is for a disc/disc.

I have a f-250 with the same setup but I can't just follow the lines because it goes through the ABS system. Does anyone know which port I should plumb to the front and which to the back?
    Attached Files
    Build thread

Re: master cylinder question

I think I got it sorted out, I called the Ford dealer, they said the front circuit should go to the back brakes and the back circuit should go to the front. I guess the reason the rear circuit (close tot he fire wall) goes to the front brakes is because that way the front brakes get actuated slightly sooner than the rear ones. I also looked at a friends 2006 superduty and it was setup that way (much easier to see on his 2006 compared to my 2004).
    Build thread

Comment

Working...
    X