Where do i start with my build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do i start with my build?

Hey guys i have a little extra $ coming. I was thinking of doing rear quarter panels first while tub is on frame. Then remove tub to tackle floor pan. Is this the correct way or is there a better way. Any links videos or pics would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Where do i start with my build?

I guess the first question is how much of your floor are you replacing? I skimmed your other post and couldn't get a good sense of what's needed there.

I did all of my rig's body work with the body on the frame (never actually removed the whole tub from the frame). Seemed like a good way to keep stuff lined up while replacing the driver's floor pan by keeping the body mostly bolted down.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Floor pan is bad on drivers side some rot on passengers side. I am probably going to replace tunnel as well. I don't want a patch job. I plan on line x or something when tub is off. I guess doing work on these areas would best be done with tub in place.

Comment

The frame doesn't get in the way when doing the floor pans under the front seats. As far as the tunnel, if you ever plan to run a bigger transmission(ie: NV4500 or ZF) your transmission tunnel may need to be quite a bit bigger. Spray on liner can be a pain to remove and patch later so preplanning would be good. Oh and the cheap holesaw looking spot weld drill bit from Harbor Freight worked better for me than the expensive one from the welding shop!
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
          Oh and the cheap holesaw looking spot weld drill bit from Harbor Freight worked better for me than the expensive one from the welding shop!
          THIS x 10!!!!!!!!!!!

the only problem I had with the HF tool was the holder wasnt true so it spun off center a few times. I threw it in the trash and used my good holder with the HF cutters. The expensive cutters are very brittle.
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Thanks guys. Now i have a good starting point.

Comment

Working...
            X