Dual fuel pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual fuel pumps

So I had an idea.... I had an electric fuel pump sitting around, waiting to be used. When installed my Bronco would sputter for a good 10 seconds after I turned it off. The mechanical fuel pump was still in placed and being used, so basically I had 2 fuel pumps working at the same time. My idea is to attach the electric fuel pump to the solenoid, so that it will only be powered when the starter is engaged. What do you think? The idea is I'd like the extra fuel boost when trying to start without cracking the motor forever.

The motor started much quicker with the electric fuel pump, just wouldn't die when I tried to kill it. Yes, I could add a switch to turn on/off the pump, but I'd rather not
    1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Re: Dual fuel pumps

Sounds like something else is up, the fuel in the bowl of a carb is more then enough to start it.
    Also, you a electric pump can't push though a mechanical pump.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Cool. Thanks.
      1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

where did you get power for elec. pump? if its hooked to ign side of switch instead of acc side it will keep power to dist.
        75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

What? It only receives power when in the ign phase. But I removed the electric pump and replaced the mechanical one

Comment

Working...
          X