Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bronco won't start

Run Cores

No my reader just says Scan Error. Not real sure what year and 8th letter is on my Computer and ? it ask’s
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

It's difficult for me to assess from my keyboard, has that scanner worked before? The 8th letter the scanner is asking for is from the vin of the vehicle the ecu was in. This is to establish which test protocol to use as they changed as the ecus became more complex. Just curious, how many wires on the test connector on the vehicle harness? And where is it located? The early test connectors were all in the engine compartment and had six terminals with one extra loose terminal beside it. Not all the terminals were populated with wires. The actual number of wires varied as the system was up graded to run real time communications. I'm assumming this is a mustang system prior to 1994. Also have you repaired pin one wiring and tach wiring yet?

Comment

Yes the scaner has worked before I know that they want the 8# on the Vin but I do not have that. Looking at the ECM more it was 60 pin that was burned off, and that is a ground.
        I caped the Tach. wire and hooked up an old S/D ECM (for testing only) that Stone Pony has and it runs.
        I now have a A9S ECM and it runs fine. I think the Tach. wire shorted out the ground pin #60 in the ECM its the only thing I can find wrong. Will go and try the scanner again.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Great! Sounds like you've got this problem on the run then. Continued good luck to you and I hope to meet you guys in person some day.

Comment

Working...
          X