twin sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin sticks

Well we missed the wheeling trip, but we got the sticks in.

Now that they are in, I have had two opportunities to try them out. The rear shifter seems to pop out of low when under load and the front pops out only once in a while. It is hard to drive with 3 feet!!! We did grind the shift rails and it does shift smooth Any ideas for the solution???
    '74 with 5.0 HO, Auto, 35's beadlocks, ARB's in front chromemoly axles, ARB in back with 35 spline Mosers, 411's, Discs on all 4. Cold Duck/Dana20's, Power leather seats, Custom Bumpers by Tad (my son) Inboard shocks. HSI 9500 winch, Onboard air, 2200watt inverter, ground lights.

Put a few #4 (I think its 4) washers between the plug and the spring, see if that helps.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I was also thinking that maybe I have switched the springs. I heard that one is stronger than the other. I also heard that the gears may be worn. Hope the washers work!!!
      '74 with 5.0 HO, Auto, 35's beadlocks, ARB's in front chromemoly axles, ARB in back with 35 spline Mosers, 411's, Discs on all 4. Cold Duck/Dana20's, Power leather seats, Custom Bumpers by Tad (my son) Inboard shocks. HSI 9500 winch, Onboard air, 2200watt inverter, ground lights.

Comment

Working...
      X