ef1 351 or 302

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ef1 351 or 302

I have a built up 351 w in a shed at my dads and a built up 302 in my bronc right now. If i was to do a efi set up which motor should i do? The 351 also needs a ring job.
    Last edited by buknbronco; 10-03-2006, 11:39 AM.
    302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

What is your dads address?

The 351 obviously will net you more horse power and torque vs. the 302, but the 351 is also 50 to 75 lbs. heavier too. There are a lot of people that have over heating issues with the 351 where you hear of very few 302's over heating. Once I put my big tires on, I was disappointed in the power of my 5.0. If I had a 351 sitting in my shed at that time, I would have grabbed it and put a GT-40 EFI set up on it and drove the heck out of it.

If you stay with your 302, I would change the cam to match the HO/351 firing order if you convert it to EFI. So that is something else to consider when weighing your options too.

Comment

If I were you I would put the efi on the 302, and sell the W to me for next to nothing.
      In my opinion actually I would go with the W. I have a carbed one in my bronco, and I feel it is way better than a 302. I had two 302's, and a 5.0 in mine in the past. I also don't have heating issues. If you have a good cooling system, you shouldn't have issues.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The other thing I want to ask about is if you can build a 302 better then a 351 because of the stroke pattern? Also, do yo guys know aproximate cost of injecting either? I may want to sell one of the motors to help fund the other.
        Thanks Wes
        302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

motor choices

There is no replacement for displacement! Either use the 351w or stroke the 302!The 302 is easier to deal with in the EB, Trust me! If I had to do it over again, I would stroke the 302 !
          Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Personally I would rebuild the 351 and drop it in.
            Brad
            Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
            X